Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• A good idea, but the weather on the Garmin app is not accessible from the Connect Iq api.

• To add support for connect iq 1 devices (which don't support fetching something from the internet) I've been thinking of something to replace the weather graph in the right chart with and I think I may have found it with the Move Circles (who said the move bar has to be a bar :) ). Hope you'll enjoy the new feature ;)

Released v2.0:
    - Added support for Connect IQ 1 devices: Fr230, Fr235, Fr630, Fenix3 (Hr), D2 Bravo (Titanium), Vivoactive, Fr920xt
    - Added support for Fenix Chronos
    - Connect IQ 2 devices: Changed default for right chart to Weather + Forecast today
    - New option for right chart: Move Circle (Move Bar in circular format)
    - Added configurable field (available only when right chart is not of the weather type)
    - Fix moonphase icon
    - Approach S60: fix crash
    - Fenix5s: fix 12hr time to properly show the p indicator in the afternoon
    - Semiround devices: fix hidden time indicator in the early evening
  • Hy everybody,
    i just donate to download the watchface but when i install, here is what’s happening...
    any idea ?community.garmin.com/.../1340395.jpg
  • hi Tave, donations are not required to download the watchface. In fact donations are not required at all as the watchface should fully function without donation with small restrictions (see Q3 in the faq).

When you get an iq error it means the watchface has crashed.

Another user reported the same crash through email (or was it you?), in case it's not can you do the following:
    1/ Which device do you have?
    2/ Could you connect your watch to your computer with your usb cable and navigate with your explorer to your device and go to the \apps\logs folder there will be a file called ciq_log.txt in there which will hopefully show some more info with the reason the watchface has crashed
  • I'm just trying Data Lover. It shows everything I want. But like several other watchfaces it makes my FR 235 a bit slower. And I'm wondering why battery percentage went from 100% (while charging with my computer) to 96%, after one hour it showed 92%. A little bit irritating: days with goal reached are blue, with goal missed green. I would like the opposite. Goal reached green, goal missed blue (or red, there is no big difference between the colors when you look at it in darker environment).
  • The 23x/630 are a bit odd when they show battery level. When charging, you see it get to 100%, but with any CIQ watchfaces, it will show 97% or so the second you unplug. That's been a known issue with these devices since the day they came out, and actually has nothing to do with the watchface itself. There have been a number of theories about why this is the case, like the HW reports the level when charging, but at other times, the FW uses the voltage to determine the level, etc.

If you look back to some of the early posts in the 23x devices forums, you'll see this mentioned quite often.
  • A little bit irritating: days with goal reached are blue, with goal missed green. I would like the opposite. Goal reached green, goal missed blue (or red, there is no big difference between the colors when you look at it in darker environment).

my girlfriend outed the same opinion about switching the blue/green colors so I've tried that look but I like it better how it is now. You can customize the colors in the application settings. This thread explains how to modify settings:
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/developers/connect-iq/connect-iq-showcase/115055-how-to-app-settings
  • Do you see any way to further improve battery usage? I love your watchface, but it takes an additional 5% per day, compared to other watchfaces. Off course, this is likely due to updating that often. Could you make the graph optionally?
  • I have a 235, so I don't have weather forecast, only the bar for sunrise/sunset. Does that effect the battery usage? Obviously the times for sunrise/sunset don't get updated. Today I see the same times as yesterday! I that a bug or does it only work if I donate? I would like to do that but I don't have PayPal...
  • What is line graph color? The today's steps progress? I changed the color from theme default to dark blue but I still see a green bar. Nowhere else a dark blue bar or line.