Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• 2. you'll have to do as I told.

3. operators also consume memory and to round to the nearest integer I need extra code either value + 0.5 or value.round() which costs 8 bytes of memory

4. it's on my list to consider, but this comes again down to whether or not it will fit into memory (I'm tight as you see in 3/ )

5. unlikely

• The settings showed that I used Garmin Weather provider. So if it was OpenWeatherMap, the settings app might have a bug. But I just switched to OpenWeatherMap now, closed the Garmin IQ app, reopened it, wen't to Data Lover settings again and it still showed OpenWeatherMap. So it appears that it really likely was Garmin Weather.

Which provider are you recommending?

• openweathermap has better city coverage but has the utf8 bug where special characters show wrongly

garmin weather has worse city coverage (it might just say switzerland) but shouldn't have the special chars show wrongly 

• Ah okay. I never had an issue with the City coverage (it was actually pretty good so far) but it tried to show "Switzerland" after "ZArich" (Zürich) and there's obviously never enough space to do that:

• hmm that does look like the garmin weather provider after all.... I'll double check my code.

• Thank you for looking into this issue as well.

• Additionally to 4. it might be good to change the watchface description since, If I understood this correctly, the watchface never shows a forecast.

So it might actually show what the weather was 15 Minutes ago (if a sync was possible AND if the user has an donation key). So it's in nearly all cases a weather hindsight and you can currently look up what the weather was in the past at your place, in case you forgot how the weather was at the point of time of a successful sync.

But a forecast would indeed be a great addition, in my opinion. But you would probably also have to add an option at which point in the future you want to know the weather. So for instance in 30 minutes. This way, users could see if it will be raining and they could change their plans in time.

Personally I don't have any use cases for a weather hindsight thus it would be great if a forecast could be added as well.

• there's no forecast in hours available at the moment, but if you have a connect iq 3.2 device then the forecast for today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow are options.

• I love how responsive you always are! I wasn't aware that ther would be the possibility for a long-term forecast.

I don't know which connect iq version I have but my device is a Garmin Forerunner 945 from 2019. Is it too new / too old? Because I cannot see any forecast options besides the weather provider and the frequency.

Is there any possibility to enable a forecast on this device? And if it is: is there a possibility to add at least an hourly setting forecast?

• the fr945 should be capable of ciq3.2. you can see your connect iq version if you go to settings -> system -> about on your watch