Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • I've had another look, but I'm really out of memory with 28.4k out of 28.7k usage, so the functionality on the Edge130 will be pretty final as is...

• I've had another look, but I'm really out of memory with 28.4k out of 28.7k usage, so the functionality on the Edge130 will be pretty final as is...

Limit of the 130 or the smallest device you like to support?
    What do the none display settings need? I am asking because

- on the 130 backlight is in any case critical for the moment, as it consumes an unexpected amount of power. So why not just rely on the OS settings?
    - why not rely on OS setting for inverted mode as well? Switches on sunset.

So just keep the Alarm setting which is really unique.
    But the display quality of the 130 is really great. So I would prefer to take advantage of that instead of offering some setting that just a bit different from the OS ones.
    I know other user may think different. But I guess it depends a bit on the device. For other ones this background OS setting may make more sense.
    Just m2ct to discuss. Not going to rule anybody here.
  • Limit of the 130 or the smallest device you like to support?
    What do the none display settings need?

The 28.7k is the limit of the 130.

Connect IQ is special as even every new code line you write uses memory even when the functionality is not used. So additional settings especially for fields needs quite a bit: xml configuration, new code lines for processing and new code lines for displaying it...

• Released v2.4:
    - Edge 130: Added extra field position & made bottom field fixed to back to start
    - Edge 130: Removed step based metrics & running metrics code
    - Added support for vivoactive 3 music and fenix 5 plus family
  • Released v2.4:
    - Edge 130: Added extra field position & made bottom field fixed to back to start
    - Edge 130: Removed step based metrics & running metrics code
    - Added support for vivoactive 3 music and fenix 5 plus family

Hi Peter, updated it immediately. Looks now nearly perfect on the Edge 130. Nearly just because of a little point. Would it be possible to make the bottom line field configurable?
    Just because - but maybe only my opinion - back to start seems to be useless for your std page. This you everybody could configure on an additional page.
    If not possible to make it configurable we may could discuss, which fixed one could be a more feasible one.
    But so far - again - great. Thx a lot
  • Glad you like it, I could only add the extra field because I made the back to start fixed to the bottom area. If I could I would make all fields configurable, but there's just no memory to do that (28kb is really tight you know...!).

I've come to quite like it knowing how far I'm from my starting point when I'm out running/riding. It has a double function for me: indication of the distance back and the ability to take shortcuts when I'm getting tired. On my fr735xt the back to start field has a prominent place in all my activities even though it's configurable on that device.
  • I've come to quite like it knowing how far I'm from my starting point when I'm out running/riding. It has a double function for me: indication of the distance back and the ability to take shortcuts when I'm getting tired. On my fr735xt the back to start field has a prominent place in all my activities even though it's configurable on that device.

Ok - got you. From this perspective it makes sense for you. For my way of biking you have either known routes or you need a track to follow. In case of any emergency (like getting tired) I use the function "Back to start".
    But it is ok - I can choose all fields I usually need as you choice of fixed fields luckily works for me. So in fact with the top row I have 1 more than I can have max on a usual 130 page.
    Just it is less then on my Edge 1000 before with "My Edge". But this is specifically build for Edge range and your is much more universal and covering especially the from a display perspective difficult wrist devices. (And the "My Edge" 130 version isn't that good as the 1000 one, I guess for same reason - memory)
    So I need to keep in mind this is not an Edge 1000 overall and not only missing maps. ;)
  • I don't have a Stryd myself but my understanding is that you can:
    - connect the Stryd pod as a footpod
    - connect the Stryd pod as a power meter
    - connect the Stryd pod as both footpod and powermeter (connect it first as a footpod and search for a power meter via the sensors menu)

For the power to show up in the All In One field it is necessary that the Stryd has been connected as power meter.

hi Peter,
    All in one data field is working great except Power. It seems the Vivoactive 3 cannot connect as power meter, only as footpod.
    As per your info above that seems the reason the power shows "0".

the standard Stryd power data field is working. Any way possible to get it in your data field or no way on the Vivoactive 3?
    thanks for your time.
  • The stryd data field is also interrogating the ant+ channel which is why it works on the va3 for that field.

It's not possible to add this to all in one because of 2 reasons:
    - It's not published on which ant channel the stryd transmits
    - I don't have any free memory left on the va3
  • ok. too bad but thanks for the quick feedback.