Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • Great app the best if you have an 1.4 IQ device but it should use de cadence color codes 151 red 151-162 orange 163 -173 green 174-185 blue 185 purple 

https://gretchenstaley03.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/cadence-chart-1.jpg

and maybe you can include an estimated power with this free code 

https://github.com/ebottacin/OmniBikeField/blob/master/OmniBikeField/source/OmniBikeFieldApp.mc

• Both in connect iq version 1, connect iq version 2 and connect iq 3 non-music devices I'm pretty much out of memory, possibly the extra code for the other cadence coloring could still make it, but adding estimated power calculations definitely will not be possible.

• Hello Peter, My FR245 does not show the time and battery level. It should be on the very top left and right to see. In the settings it is activated. Thanks for your help.

• those settings should only be available on semiround devices as I don't have room in the round devices . I'll change it in the next version that the fr245 no longer exposes these settings.

• Hello Peter,

first of all kudos to you, your All-in-One data fields is a great running companion!

Now I have some troubles on the vivoactive 3 music device of mine. I setup the data field by editing the Run Garmin app settings selecting 1 field only and the All-in-One data field under ConnectIQ category. Problem is that every time I start the Run Garmin app, the simple timer comes up and I need to re-set your data field as Screen1.

Moreover if I select a training routine, is there a way to setup the All-in-One data field as default also for that?

Thanks,

Andrea 

• first of all kudos to you, your All-in-One data fields is a great running companion!

glad you like it ;)

Now I have some troubles on the vivoactive 3 music device of mine. I setup the data field by editing the Run Garmin app settings selecting 1 field only and the All-in-One data field under ConnectIQ category. Problem is that every time I start the Run Garmin app, the simple timer comes up and I need to re-set your data field as Screen1.

That should not happen
    1/ Can you connect your device and check whether there's an error log on your device in the folder /garmin/apps/logs (ciq_log.yml)
    2/ Can you describe (or do a video) in more detail how you connect the field and when the field is gone? eg start Run / Press Down key / ...

Moreover if I select a training routine, is there a way to setup the All-in-One data field as default also for that?

The workout screens itself can't be customized and will always be the default, but you should be able to select your normal training screens by "dragging" up to the next screen. 

• Hi Peter,

i have found no errors about your data field in the log. Actually I have only found the .bak logfile and no .yml as you suggested

please find here the video of how I setup the data field and it clears off when I start a new run

https://youtu.be/_ukyLf38Hac

Thanks,

andrea

• Thanks andrea.

ciq_log.bak does also contain no info regarding the all in one app?

• Nope, it does only contain errors about deezer app back from March and older because I have uninstalled it since. No signs of errors from all-in-one. Anywhere else I should look?

thanks!

• In the root of your device (or in the /debug folder) do you have a file called error_log.txt ?

Can you check if the firmware of your device is up to date from within the system menu? (The vivoactive 3 music last released fw version is 4.50)