Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • It could be a memory issue, when a iq! is displayed on screen some kind of error has occured. Can you connect your watch with an usb cable to your computer and browse to the folder \apps\logs on your device. There will be a file called ciq_log.txt which will contain hopefully more info about the error.

Did you only modify the record to fit file flag or did you change other settings as well (eg other fields)?
  • It could be a memory issue, when a iq! is displayed on screen some kind of error has occured. Can you connect your watch with an usb cable to your computer and browse to the folder \apps\logs on your device. There will be a file called ciq_log.txt which will contain hopefully more info about the error.

Did you only modify the record to fit file flag or did you change other settings as well (eg other fields)?

Thank you for the answer!
    I enabled the record to fit file and changed some fields of the "other" group as I record a "walk".

Here's the requested file attached, memory seems an issue...

If you want I can try:

- uninstall/reinstall the DF with default settings and only record-to-fit enabled (WALK activity)
    - doing a RUN activity with default run-fields and record-to-fit enabled
    - whatever you ask me to

I don't need special fields of your other apps on screen at the moment but I like STEPS and FAT being recorded to .fit
  • The out of memory issue is not from my data field but from the glance widget.

The symbol not found error is from my data field and matches with my findings of this morning. I think I may have found the issue in the alarm implementation, I will test the changes tomorrow a bit more in the simulator and likely release a new version tomorrow evening.

As a workaround if you do a walk tomorrow: make the alarm1 in the settings completely blank (instead of "15:00 Drink!") and I assume you will not have the issue.
  • Thank you for the advise, I'll try that !
  • Released v1.2:
    - Connect IQ 2 devices: added field options for total ascent and total descent
    - fix cadence coloring
    - fix elevation grade graphic when shown in top or bottom field
    - fix app crash on Vivoactive Hr and Approach S60
  • Released v2.0:
    - Major review of complete code base in order to review the memory usage
    - Added support for Oregon 7, Rhino 7, Edge 520, Edge 820, Edge 1000 and Edge 1030
    - Connect IQ 1 devices: made altitude value also available on Ciq1 devices
    - Connect IQ 1 semiround devices (fr230, fr235, fr630): both battery & time of day are now always shown in top row (removed the on/off setting in order to save the memory needed to add lap time & altitude)
    - All devices: added lap time
    - Connect IQ 2 devices: allow to change settings while field active
    - Connect IQ 2 round devices: do not show label for time of day when in top or lower field
    - Connect IQ 2 128 KB Memory devices: Configurable fat burner (specify values for fat calories, fat zones, carbs calories, carbs zones)
    - Connect IQ 2 128 KB Memory devices: Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
    - Connect IQ 2 128 KB Memory devices: Added option to let there be light setting to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise
    - Oregon 7, Rhino 7, Edge 520, Edge 820, Edge 1000, Edge 1030: Option to show background image

• Hello Peter,

thanks for this data field. I have one question. Is it possible to use garmin running power with it?
  • You can connect a Stryd device and get a power value in this data field, but showing the Garmin Running Power value isn't possible (Garmin didn't open source their implementation of running power nor provided other means to access the value)
  • Hello Peter,

Thanks a lot for this usefull datafield. One thing is missing for me : Average HR. Is it possible to add it in confirable fileds ?
    Thanks a lot !

Guillaume
  • on connect iq 1 devices the memory is full so it won't fit in there, but I might be able to add it to connect iq 2 devices (also getting very close to the memory limit for these)