Data Field: Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer

Description
Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer helps you to ride/run the perfect race.
This is a spinoff project from Peter's (Race) Pacer, while it has many similarities it took me a while to create as it's a completely seperate code base.
It's different in the following ways:
  • high visibility less data is shown on the screen, which means that it is easier to read - eg for people with bad eye sight.
  • it can be used in non-single field mode, this means you can put it on the same page with other datafields of your choice!
  • It's also optimized to run on Edge devices, this means you can just as well use this field to pace your bike races just as your running races....
Adjusting the race distance
In a race when you are next to the race marker press the LAP button, the distance will now be corrected to the nearest lap position - eg 5.08 will correct to 5, 8.8 will correct to 9. After pressing the lap button the distance will be adjusted and all averages will be recalculated against this new distance figure.
When you miss a lap marker do not worry: do not press LAP and go for the next lap marker.
When you press the LAP marker by mistake you can undo the (last) correction by pressing the LAP button again - within a 30 second window

Donations
The data field is fully functional as is, yet donations are encouraged on the watch by an encouragement text.

Download
Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5...4-e3afdd10eddf
  • Released v3.1:
    - Added support for vivoactive hr and fenix chronos
    - Changed default field layout to Ahead/Behind Time, Distance, Pace
    - Improved readability of the layout after field test
    - Memory usage reduction
  • This new datafield looks really promising! Will try it in Berlin next Sunday.
    Tried to use my donation key from previous apps, but still get the nag. Any ideas why?
  • Hi Mickelin, have fun in Berlin, let me know how it goes!

For key problems you can contact me through email then we can sort it out.
    The key of Peter's (Race) Pacer isn't compatible with the key of Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer [although the apps have similar functionalities, the hi vis pacer is a different app and took quite some work to create].
    When you have an "All Apps" key then you should be able to remove the nag message though in any of my current and future apps with your key.
  • Peter, just bought the great data field :) really nice and simple ! perfect for people which love to run without wearing glasses ;) Would appreciate if you can make the numbers larger on the FR235 to match the Garmin standard fields. TX for your help ! Ralphcommunity.garmin.com/.../1252906.jpg
  • I've looked into the issue Raf and it is in fact the same layout behaviour on my device... I can't make the font bigger as the next font I have available is too big.... I've filed a bug report here: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/developers/connect-iq/connect-iq-bug-reports/1253309-semiround-watches-none-of-the-provided-fonts-match-the-native-field-look-and-feel

What might be an option for you to have it bigger is to change your layout to "1 field" and in the settings of Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer set field 1 to ahead/behind, field 2 to timer and field 3 to no field/blank.

This will then look like this:
  • Hi Mickelin, have fun in Berlin, let me know how it goes!

For key problems you can contact me through email then we can sort it out.
    The key of Peter's (Race) Pacer isn't compatible with the key of Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer [although the apps have similar functionalities, the hi vis pacer is a different app and took quite some work to create].
    When you have an "All Apps" key then you should be able to remove the nag message though in any of my current and future apps with your key.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought I had the all app key. New donation coming shortly.

Tried the data field riding my bike to work today. Really great! So much easier to read than the original version. I have it set to 5 sec carousel on field 1 with Ahead/behind, ETA, Pace and Timer. Field 2 is Distance and field 3 is blank. Perfect setup for me.

The only odd thing I noticed is that whenever I stopped for red lights, the Pace went wild. Rather than the expected 0, it would show a value like 334 or 528. Seems something is off there. Once I started biking again, the value went back to normal.

I had distance set to 10km and target to 35 mins.
  • The pace is calculated via the speed that's passed via the connect iq api.
    When you stand still there's sometimes also a speed different from 0, but it would indeed make sense to set the pace to 0:00 when the speed <= 0.1. I'll include that fix in the next update.
  • I'm a fan of your Race Pacer concept with recalcaluted distance values. I also like the new layout with the great visibility a lot! Reduce to the max!

Is it possible to include the HF% also, because I'm very used to this percentage value.

Great work! :D
  • I'll add hr% to the next version. Possibly this will be for connect iq 2 devices only though as I'm nearly at the maximum for connect iq 1 devices (15.8k / 16k)
  • Great! Thank you! Really looking forward to it... :)

Another thing:
    Today I did a marathon race pace test and the ahead/behind timer worked very well. At the end I increased the pace and added 1k 60sec faster than race pace. The ahead/behind color turned to (light-)blue. What does this mean? Are there any other colors? Maybe deep-dark-red for a total fail of keeping the race pace... ;)