Data Field: Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer

Description
Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer helps you to ride/run the perfect race.
This is a spinoff project from Peter's (Race) Pacer, while it has many similarities it took me a while to create as it's a completely seperate code base.
It's different in the following ways:
  • high visibility less data is shown on the screen, which means that it is easier to read - eg for people with bad eye sight.
  • it can be used in non-single field mode, this means you can put it on the same page with other datafields of your choice!
  • It's also optimized to run on Edge devices, this means you can just as well use this field to pace your bike races just as your running races....
Adjusting the race distance
In a race when you are next to the race marker press the LAP button, the distance will now be corrected to the nearest lap position - eg 5.08 will correct to 5, 8.8 will correct to 9. After pressing the lap button the distance will be adjusted and all averages will be recalculated against this new distance figure.
When you miss a lap marker do not worry: do not press LAP and go for the next lap marker.
When you press the LAP marker by mistake you can undo the (last) correction by pressing the LAP button again - within a 30 second window

Donations
The data field is fully functional as is, yet donations are encouraged on the watch by an encouragement text.

Download
Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5...4-e3afdd10eddf
  • Version History:
    1.0 initial version supporting FR735XT, FR230, FR235, FR630, Approach S60, Vivoactive, Edge 1000
    1.1 add support for Fenix 5, Fenix 5x, Quatix 5, FR935, D2 Charlie
    1.2 layout & field finetuning.
    1.3 added support for Edge 520 & Edge 820
    2.0 renamed app, added support for fenix 3 (hr), d2 bravo (titanium).
    2.1 added support for fr920xt
  • Released v1.1:
    * added support for Fenix 5, Fenix 5x, Quatix 5, FR935, D2 Charlie

(I've defined 10 layouts per device based on what the simulator shows, but I have none of these devices, so it would help if you could go through the different datafield layout options and take a screenshot of the ones that need adjustment. Thanks.)
  • With 5X
    Have not had time to go through many of the options (and I do not seem to be able to upload photos at the moment) but I have found the following issues:
    With:
    Field 1 - Ahead/behind
    Field 2 - ETA
    Field 3 - Distance or HR
    then only F1 and F2 show (aligned center on the watch)

With F2 as distance and F3 as HR or SmoothPace it is fine
    So, at the moment, Field 2 = ETA seems to have an issue.

Going now to donate! Thanks for doing this!
  • (to upload images I use https://postimages.org/ and then include the images within the IMG-tags)

thanks for the feedback michael, it was kind on purpose that when the field was ETA or timer to only show 1 field then (since it's bigger in contents), but maybe I should round it off if it's more than an hour to only show hour and minutes in that case. I'll have a look.
  • That explains it - I just happened to test the one case that was "by design". Not sure about rounding - works for me but I would only be using this for 5k or 10k road races, not the longer trail races so it would not impact me - I don't run road halfs or fulls. Other option might be three lines with the center being larger and smaller ones on top and below. For me all I would likely use is the Ahead/behind, distance and ETA fields.
  • Released v1.2:
    * fine tuning of layouts.
    * when ahead time or timer is chosen in the single field layout do not show seconds when the hour has passed.
    * allow ahead time, eta & timer as options for field 3 in the single field layout.
  • Released v1.3:
    * added support for Edge 520 & Edge 820
  • Released v2.0:
    * renamed application to Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer to highlight that the high visibility is one of the prime features of this app
    * added support for fenix 3 (hr), d2 bravo (titanium).
    * fixed calculations for people that used mixed metric/statute units for distance and pace.
  • Would support for the 920XT be possible? I much prefer the simplicity of the Hi Vis Pacer data field over the Pacer data field.