Data Field: Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer

Description
Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer helps you to ride/run the perfect race.
This is a spinoff project from Peter's (Race) Pacer, while it has many similarities it took me a while to create as it's a completely seperate code base.
It's different in the following ways:
  • high visibility less data is shown on the screen, which means that it is easier to read - eg for people with bad eye sight.
  • it can be used in non-single field mode, this means you can put it on the same page with other datafields of your choice!
  • It's also optimized to run on Edge devices, this means you can just as well use this field to pace your bike races just as your running races....
Adjusting the race distance
In a race when you are next to the race marker press the LAP button, the distance will now be corrected to the nearest lap position - eg 5.08 will correct to 5, 8.8 will correct to 9. After pressing the lap button the distance will be adjusted and all averages will be recalculated against this new distance figure.
When you miss a lap marker do not worry: do not press LAP and go for the next lap marker.
When you press the LAP marker by mistake you can undo the (last) correction by pressing the LAP button again - within a 30 second window

Donations
The data field is fully functional as is, yet donations are encouraged on the watch by an encouragement text.

Download
Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5...4-e3afdd10eddf
  • Thanks. I just verified that adding perfect pace to the hi vis pacer is on my to do list. (my to do list is pretty long though and this is not at the top, but eventually it should be added)

• Unable to update registration code in app settings. I enter the registration key and Connect indicates it saves the settings. However, on my watch, I still see the nag message. When I reopen the settings, I see error “There was an error retrieving settings from your device”.  I’m using this on a Marq Athlete

• Please follow the link to the bug report and upvote it:

forums.garmin.com/.../broken-settings-in-connect-4-22-for-ios

This is not a defect of this particular app, but is unfortunately a bug introduced in the latest release of the iOS Connect app (version 4.22), released 21 Aug.

It affects all Connect IQ apps downloaded from the store.

Best alternative option is to use either the Connect IQ Store app or Express to manage and configure your apps.

• Hi Peter, 

I just finished the Berlin marathon with your app and it helped me to do better than expected. I experienced, that I had sudden corrections in the ahead/behind-time without a material change in running speed. I.E. at one point, it showed 99 sec ahead, some seconds later it was 54 sec ahead.

I used the correction with the LAP button. However, this should not be the cause, as the abrupt reductions (those not caused by drinking stations, or meeting my wife) did not take place near a km change.

Could this be caused, because I don´t use Glonass, but GPS?

Regards,

Felix

• There's a possible issue when you have autolap enabled and manually lap within 30 seconds after the autolap has fired that it does a "undo distance correction" instead of a "distance correction", it's on my to do to look at this (not sure when I'll get to it)

If you want to avoid the issue disable autolap or don't lap within 30 seconds after the autolap 

• Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply.

Overall it worked really fine for me, so this not an urgent issue for me. If you once solved the problem, I would be happy. In the meantime, if my data can be helpful for your work on it, give me a note.

Regards,

Felix  

• I love this app. However during my recent marathon there was a section where we ran under an expressway for several hundred meters. My gps went crazy and bounced all over the place. My pacer app suddenly shot me more than 4 minutes ahead and when I pushed the lap button at the next km mark the app thought that I was a km ahead of where I actually was. If this ever happens again is there any way to get it back on track?

• The push of lap will correct towards the nearest kilometer so 4.6 -> 5 and 4.4 -> 4 

If you push the lap button by mistake or if it has unwanted effects you can push lap button again (within 30s) to undo the last correction 

• Daft question now. Is the pace in min/k or min/mile