Data Field: Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer

Description
Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer helps you to ride/run the perfect race.
This is a spinoff project from Peter's (Race) Pacer, while it has many similarities it took me a while to create as it's a completely seperate code base.
It's different in the following ways:
  • high visibility less data is shown on the screen, which means that it is easier to read - eg for people with bad eye sight.
  • it can be used in non-single field mode, this means you can put it on the same page with other datafields of your choice!
  • It's also optimized to run on Edge devices, this means you can just as well use this field to pace your bike races just as your running races....
Adjusting the race distance
In a race when you are next to the race marker press the LAP button, the distance will now be corrected to the nearest lap position - eg 5.08 will correct to 5, 8.8 will correct to 9. After pressing the lap button the distance will be adjusted and all averages will be recalculated against this new distance figure.
When you miss a lap marker do not worry: do not press LAP and go for the next lap marker.
When you press the LAP marker by mistake you can undo the (last) correction by pressing the LAP button again - within a 30 second window

Donations
The data field is fully functional as is, yet donations are encouraged on the watch by an encouragement text.

Download
Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5...4-e3afdd10eddf
  • Well I'm missing a bit of info, so I'm gonna have to guess with my answer as it could be due to two things you have misconfigured.

- was your autolap on? do you use miles? if so set the lap size to 1609 in the app settings.

- what did you set as target pace? what did you set as target type?    (in your example target type should be set to "target pace" and "target pace" should be set to 7:30)

• Hi Peter, 

- Yes, my auto lap was on (I left it on 1/2 mile auto lap from a previous run). 

- However, I did set my lap size to 1609 in the app settings

- I set target type = target pace; target pace = 7:30

Do you think accidentally leaving the auto lap on was what was throwing it off?

• without a doubt, with your settings every 1/2 mile it's correcting it towards the nearest 1609 meters.

if you leave auto lap on then the auto lap on the watch need to match the lap size in the app settings.

• ok got it, I'll give this a try on my next run and report back if I am still encountering the same issue - thank you Peter!

• Hi - so I've re-tested, and I have 2 questions:

1.) I've noticed that the settings reset every time I exit out of the IQ app... which makes me worry that the settings I apply (and receive notification that it saved) didn't actually save. Is this supposed to happen (restores to default every time you re-open the settings page)?

2.) If I am running for time, not distance, can I leave the "target distance" metric blank? I'd have the lap and target pace populated

• 1/ this is not normal. likely your settings are corrupt. the solution is to uninstall and reinstall peter's hi vis pacer. A cause for settings corruption is if you use multiple of Garmin's apps to edit settings (express / connect iq / connect), stick to 1 app to edit and sync settings 

2/ it's necessary to put a target distance as this is used for the eta calculation, but not too worry just set something as target distance, the app will keep guiding you based on adjusted average pace even if you pass the target distance

• Hi, the Connect IQ data field does not show up as available to add to screens until I replace an existing IQ data field (Stryd power) with the Pacer data field. I then swap the field back to Stryd, move to screen I want Pacer field on and all works fine.

The biggest issue is that every time I exit from activity profile and go back into it, the Pacer field has changed to the Timer field and I have to repeat the steps above to recognise and then add the Pacer field again.

I have tried removing and re-adding the Pacer field to the watch but the behaviour remains the same

• It sounds like your activity profile may be corrupted...

The only way i think that will fix your issue is to factory reset your watch and then reinstall both data fields.

Alternatively you could also contact garmin support. 

• Was afraid you'd say that Pensive will get it done before marathon Sunday and let you know if it's worked