NoFrills (watch face)

Support and feedback section for the NoFrills watchface

How to install and configure NoFrills

Please post any issues, questions and / or suggestions you have here and I will assist as best I can.

• How often is the HR refreshed ? It seems like very rarely. Is it possible to customize that ?

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to refresh the HR on a more regular basis.
    It is a limitation that is enforced by Garmin. The heart rate history that we can query is refreshed roughly every 2 minutes.
    Even if the watch face refreshes every second and query the history each time, it still gets the same reading for about 2 minutes.

If this is confusing and you don't like it all, there is still a setting in the watch face settings where you can disable the display of the heart rate reading.
  • Update 5.0 Available!

Change Log: v5.0.1

• Added support for fenix Chronos!
    • Fixed a small bug where the color of the clock didn't show immediately after changing it with Garmin Connect mobile app.

History:

Change Log: v5.0

• Added alternative font!
    • Added option to restart progress gauge after first 100% step goal has been achieved.
    • Configure a second color for progress gauge to indicate overachievement (step goal greater than 100%)

Change Log: v4.7

• Configurable hours and minutes colors
    • Configurable separator between hours and minutes: colon, small space, big space or none.
    • More layout options for fenix3, fenix3 HR, d2bravo and d2bravo titanium watches to change display of icons (top half or bottom half)
    • Configure am / pm indicator color
    • Improved display of time by making font monospaced
    • Several performance enhancements to conserve battery power.

v4.6

• Made bluetooth icon bolder
    • Added configuration for date format
    • Added option to display distance and calories instead of step counter
    • Optimized code to improve efficiency and further decrease battery consumption
    • Fixed a bug where seconds don't display when activity tracking is disabled in watch face settings
    • Fixed a bug where tracking info is still displayed even when disabled in watch system settings

v4.5.0
    Big update!!

• Added a layout with clock in a smaller font. This enables the following: (can be selected in settings by ticking the check box "Show smaller clock?")
    • * Seconds in high power mode (can be enabled in settings. Disabled by default)
    • * Displays heart rate in bigger font (only on wrist HR models)
    • * Displays date in bigger font
    • * Displays step counter in bigger font
    • Zero padding before hours if less than 10 hours. (Enable in settings. Disabled by default)
    • Hide am / pm indicator (Enable /disable in settings)

v4.2.0

• Added heart rate for models with built-in wrist HR
    • Added move bar
    • Both can be enabled / disable and colors fully configurable

v4.1.0

• Added support for fr735xt and vivoactive HR

v4.0.3

• Based on popular demand, I added activity tracking
    • Shows steps and goal
    • Shows progress by filling the time with a different color!
    • Can choose between a water or flat horizon for the progress fill
    • Removed option to set sleep mode color on devices 230 / 235 / 630 (not supported since you cannot manually put these devices in sleep mode)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Awesome watchface, my favorite! But unfortunately, at least for me, in the Garmin 735xt beta firmware, the watch face is broken. If I switch to "NoFrills" it just kicks me back to the default "Digital" watch face that comes with the watch. Hopefully they will fix whatever they did that broke your watch face. I am using the beta 4.05 firmware for the 735xt.
  • Love this face but after last update some problems

I like very much this face but today just stop working.
    In stead of the hour only a white background is displayed, so can't see the time any more.
    Tryed to uninstall more times and restart the Fenix3 but do not works.
    Hope it will be ok soon.
    Paolo
  • but today just stop working.
    In stead of the hour only a white background is displayed, so can't see the time any more.
    Tryed to uninstall more times and restart the Fenix3 but do not works.

But unfortunately, at least for me, in the Garmin 735xt beta firmware, the watch face is broken. If I switch to "NoFrills" it just kicks me back to the default "Digital" watch face that comes with the watch. Hopefully they will fix whatever they did that broke your watch face. I am using the beta 4.05 firmware for the 735xt.

Sorry everyone, I fixed both issues.
    Please update and restart your watches and check if it works now.
  • Hi HermoT,

I've seen the battery percent is displayed with -1% than battery percent from F3 menu.
    Actually I have 97% but F3 settings display 98%

Thanks you very much for hour and minute color implementation!
  • Hi HermoT,

I've seen the battery percent is displayed with -1% than battery percent from F3 menu.
    Actually I have 97% but F3 settings display 98%

Thanks you very much for hour and minute color implementation!

No problem, the different colors for hours and minutes was just for you! ;)

I will investigate. I suspect there is rounding issue and that a value like 97.3 probably gets rounded down to 97, whereas the native built-in face probably takes the ceiling resulting in 98.

Not a big issue I believe, so not going to release a fix just for this, but it has been scheduled for a next release.

Thanks for reporting this.
  • No problem, the different colors for hours and minutes was just for you! ;)

I will investigate. I suspect there is rounding issue and that a value like 97.3 probably gets rounded down to 97, whereas the native built-in face probably takes the ceiling resulting in 98.

Not a big issue I believe, so not going to release a fix just for this, but it has been scheduled for a next release.

Thanks for reporting this.

Hehehe no problem. I will survive xD
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Sorry everyone, I fixed both issues.
    Please update and restart your watches and check if it works now.

Unfortunately no, it still just displays the "Digital" watch face even though I select "NoFrills". I tried reinstalling and restarting the watch with no luck. Forerunner 735xt with 4.05 beta firmware. Thanks.
  • Unfortunately no, it still just displays the "Digital" watch face even though I select "NoFrills". I tried reinstalling and restarting the watch with no luck. Forerunner 735xt with 4.05 beta firmware. Thanks.

Hmmmm....I will double check on my side again. Have to install 4.05.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused.