App : Badminton Score Tracker

Hello! I am the creator of the application "Badminton Score Tracker".

Here is the link https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/51606451-57e2-4f99-9420-2ba5a80b5df6.

Please use this thread to report bug, for feature request of any other question.

• Vivoactive mode selection

Hi Matcora,
    Thanks for developing this app. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the second screen: i can select singles or doubles, but not the service. Simply nothing happens no matter where i click on the screen.

I have a vivoactive, fw 3.40

Thanks!
    Frank
  • MR

I am unable to get beyond the 'who starts' page on vivoactive.
  • Thanks for your feedback. I will try to fix the problem.

It may take some time because I don't have a real Vivoactive, so all I can do is trust the simulator provided by Garmin. And as you can imagine the app works well with the simulator...
  • Hello,

The Vivoactive bug should be fixed in version 1.3.4. It would be very nice if a Vivoactive owner could confirm!
  • According to a review, it seems that the bug is still not fixed. So I am looking for someone who own a Vivoactive and is willing to help me to fix this bug. I need an exact description of what is happening.

Any help appreciated!
  • IQ ! error after selection who starts

Hello,

First of all thanks for creating this App , was looking for this since vivoactive came out.

I have a Vivoactive with latest firmware 3.5 (language Dutch)
    After selecting who starts I only get the IQ! screen.

Hope you find a way to fix it.
  • I just released a new version. I disabled sounds effects on Vivoactive because apparently this watch is not able to play sounds!

Hope this will fix the problem.
  • The current roadmap is:
    • Support other watches.
    • Associate match to a Garmin activity to display more stats.

Thank you - would like the ability to associate this to an actual garmin activity with things like heartrate tracking and cals burned.

Right now I am not using the app as those metrics are more important to me than score.

It would also be good in the future for other racket sports to be added.. I mainly play badminton and squash, but an app like this, that supports various sports, stores calorie information, and even game progress would be fantastic.

Keep up the good work!
  • Regarding your first point, I am working on it. I am waiting for the release of the new version of Connect IQ that allows to store the score along usual metrics such as heart rate or calories and display all these data on the watch and on Garmin Connect website. I hope this will arrive soon.

I receive a lot of e-mails asking me to create identical apps for tennis or squash or whatever. I don't play these sports myself so I am not the best person to develop such applications (and I don't have the time anyway). However, the source code of my app is available on Github with a very permissive licence so it would be very easy to create a new app based on mine. The hard work would be to design the screens for each model of watch. I would be glad to be of any help if someone is willing to take this opportunity.
  • Regarding your first point, I am working on it. I am waiting for the release of the new version of Connect IQ that allows to store the score along usual metrics such as heart rate or calories and display all these data on the watch and on Garmin Connect website. I hope this will arrive soon.

I receive a lot of e-mails asking me to create identical apps for tennis or squash or whatever. I don't play these sports myself so I am not the best person to develop such applications (and I don't have the time anyway). However, the source code of my app is available on Github with a very permissive licence so it would be very easy to create a new app based on mine. The hard work would be to design the screens for each model of watch. I would be glad to be of any help if someone is willing to take this opportunity.

I'd love to give it a go, but if it isn't VBa or SQL them I'm not the man for the task.

Can't wait for the data transmission! - can imagine it is a bit of a ball ache though? Especially as the only racket sport I can see in garmin connect web is Tennis.