App : Badminton Score Tracker

Hello! I am the creator of the application "Badminton Score Tracker".

Here is the link https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/51606451-57e2-4f99-9420-2ba5a80b5df6.

Please use this thread to report bug, for feature request of any other question.

• Looking forward to the update. Thank you!

• Hi, thank you for the update! But i think thers a bug on garmin venu that the field were not always displayed after the score count. The screen only showing the time, the field were not displayed but after adding the score, the field only displayed for a split second.

• Hello. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I can not reproduce this issue in the simulator (this thing is a real mess).

The problem occurs when the "field" screen is displayed again after the end of the first set? Is that correct? 

If you can provide some screenshots or photos it would be super useful.

• The above image shown after the game start. The field display is completely not shown.

The above image is the field only shown for 1/2 sec i guess. Thats the main problem.

Thank you for your attention. _/\_

• Thank a lot for your photos, it really helped. I removed an optimization in the code that may be the cause of this issue and I just released a new version on the store. I hope it will solve the problem. Keep me updated if it works. Thanks again for your feedback!

• Hi, thank you for the quick update! It really works. And now the app work like charm. Thank you!

• Hi, first of all I need to say ThankYou for this amazing app. It is really helpful to track the resultes on the court. I have 2 questions :)

- It is possible to implentent a function which allow us to count the Steps during the match?

- I often play 3-Sets-Matches and during a session more than 3-4 matches. Is it able to get a functionalty which makes sure that we track several matches in only one activity, to avoid that I got pushed 3-4 separate activits in my Garmin account?

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day!

Oli

• Thanks for your message! It's always nice to see a happy user. I have already answered similar questions in this thread, but it's good to do a recap.
    - Last time I checked (several months ago), it was not possible to easily collect arbitrary data in the app such as the "Steps". You can see my report to the Garmin team in this forum: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/3624/type-of-sport-in-activity-recording-session/ (more than 5 five years ago). By the way, you can see in this thread how the Garmin team handles these kinds of reports (hint: they don't really care, and it always seems they are overwhelmed by the issues). The model behind the activities seems to be broken.

- You are not the only one to ask about this feature. I'm still not sure about how to do this properly. I can offer the option to continue the activity at the end of a match, but I need to find a good solution to store and display the scores of all the matches of the activity on Garmin Connect website. I don't know if the Garmin Connect API supports this and the documentation is really of poor quality, so it's difficult to know.

I also have to repeat that I no longer enjoy development for Garmin watches. More than the technical issues; it's the evolution of the ecosystem that I don't support. It's still a pain to add features and to support more watches. It seems Garmin is more focused on releasing tons of watches than improving and streamlining their ecosystem. You can have a look on another post I created here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/244877/wake-up-garmin (I've got no response from the official Garmin team).

I will hopefully continue to support new watches in the app, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend more of my spare time on this project.
  • Sad to hear, I hope your App will make it to the Fenix 7x.

• Yeah, that's sad. I really wish for Garmin to get back on the tracks.

Don't worry, I will support the Fenix 7 series. I'm even thinking about buying one for myself to replace my old Fenix 3. Even if the Garmin ecosystem is a mess for developers, I think their watches are still the best on the market.