App : Badminton Score Tracker

Hello! I am the creator of the application "Badminton Score Tracker".

Here is the link https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/51606451-57e2-4f99-9420-2ba5a80b5df6.

Please use this thread to report bug, for feature request of any other question.

• Thanks for your message. I think it's not possible to disable the touch screen per application in the OS. However, it's possible to disable the touch screen globally, except on map screens (at least on my Fenix 7).

I'll see if I can add a parameter in my app to disable the touch screen for devices that have buttons.

• Hi, Really love the app, sadly as I now need reading glasses it is difficult for me to use it whilst playing.
    Would it be possible to have an option where the scores are displayed in a much larger format.

Also spotted a Very Tiny bug - I do Note in doubles if you select Opponent starts first, the next question should be
    "Who Receives 1st" not who serves first.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Keith

• Hi there. Is there any way you can assign the "activity type" to be "Badminton" when it is uploaded to Garmin Connect? It currently defaults to "other". Much appreciated. 

• Hi,

I will copy here what I replied to you by e-mail to keep this thread up-to-date:

The "badminton" sport type is only available for watches that support Connect IQ version 4.1.0 onward. Unfortunately, currently, the Forerunner 935 is stuck at Connect IQ version 3.1.0 as you can see here: developer.garmin.com/.../.
  • Hi,

I tried to find the right size for every item displayed on the screen, for every device. What is the model of your watch?

Regarding your second point, the app always asks for who will be the first server in your team (you or your teammate). If your team serves first, this will be used as soon as the match begins, and if the opponent team starts first, this will determine who will serve when your team will regain the service.

• Thanks for your reply,

1) Watch is a vivo active HR,  I would say the score size would be ok with my reading glasses on (and does look right layout wise eg centered) But with a much larger number maye same size as 1 quarter of court (or even 1 digit per quater) and  I would be able to see the score whilst playing.

2) - Now that makes sense, I was just thinking about the first point setup not the first serve for my team when receiving first. 

• What's the best way, with the current app, to record a warmup and eventually a few games counting points as one activity? 

• ~ Feature request ~

This app is still great.  I use it every week.  One thing I've noticed that (seems to be) missing, is the ability to view the ongoing score in sets after each set is completed.  So for example, if I win 21-17 in the first set, on the summary page afterwards it would be nice to see the "1-0" sets score as well.  And of course it would keep updating after each set.

• Thanks for the idea! I will add it in the next release.

• Currently, the best is to use the endless mode. Keep in mind that the application has always been developed with the idea that one match equals one Garmin activity. The goal is to link the collected data during the activity to a specific match. I think it makes more sense if you would like to analyze and compare your matches (number of rallies, time, heart rate, etc.).

I'm not sure to understand your needs and I have the following questions:
    - If you play several matches during a session of playing badminton, is that a problem for you that the app generates multiple Garmin activities?
    - What would be the purpose of recording the warm-up?

It seems to me that you just want to record your health stats while you are playing badminton, and you aren't concerned about the specific stats of each match. Is that correct? In this case, just choose endless mode and score the first point when you are done warming-up. Would it work for you?