App : Badminton Score Tracker

Hello! I am the creator of the application "Badminton Score Tracker".

Here is the link https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/51606451-57e2-4f99-9420-2ba5a80b5df6.

Please use this thread to report bug, for feature request of any other question.

• Good question. I think I can easily add an option in the menu to end the match as you suggest.

In the Garmin Connect activity, should I save the current set or only the sets that have been completed? What if there is only one set in the match? Does it make sense to create an activity in this case?

I would like to display the status of the match on Garmin Connect website (won, lost or draw when incomplete) but I don't think it's possible at the moment. If anybody know how to that...

Thanks for your suggestion!

• I would think, the one that was aborted can be disregarded, and the completed ones should be saved, even if it just was one, still something to brag about if it was a win. :D

People who want all in one activity could just select the highest set number in the beginning and play till their time is over. Otherwise you would have to now exactly how many sets you are going to play to get the activity saved at the end.

• In the Garmin Connect activity, should I save the current set or only the sets that have been completed? What if there is only one set in the match? Does it make sense to create an activity in this case?

I would love to have an activity even for non completetd sets. I really like to have complete statistics of what was played. The status could be won/lost/incomplete.

• Hi Matthieu,

thanks for the f6-Release.

Just two things, that i found:

When starting an activity it also starts - if connected to the phone - a Livetrack-Session. I do not know if that happend before, but it would be great if you could disable this.

I would like to have an opportunity to Pause a Game - going to the Menu does not stop the timer.

Thanks for your work - Coffee well deserved ;)

Regards,

Jörg

• Hi all,

I don't think I can control the behavior of Livetrack. I guess it's started automatically by the watch with any activity (even if it makes no sense for a badminton app Smiley).

I'm working on a new version of the app that includes a redesign of the main view and the ability to pause a match or to end it prematurely.

Regarding the redesign of the view, I'm looking for an owner or a Fenix 6 (S, normal or X) who is willing to test a beta version of the app. I've got a very weird behavior in the simulator and I want to know if it is a bug with the simulator or with my code.

Here is a picture of the new screen on the Fenix 6:

You can see that the rounded rectangles around the scores are way too big (their size is calculated dynamically according to the size of the font and the screen to accommodate every watch). I would like to know if it's the same on a real Fenix 6.

If you would like to test the app, here is the process:

• uninstall the current version of the app from your watch
    • download the beta version of the app here : https://filebin.net/1npjlyxwb4j0feg7
    • connect your watch to your computer
    • drop the file badminton.prg in the folder GARMIN/APPS on your watch.

Thanks for your help!

• Hi ,

I installed the App and and made some Screenshots on my 6X

Looks fine for me.

Could not change any settings so had no chance to show the time. maybe that would be a problem.

Regarding the Livetrack: With my 5X there never started a Livetrack for Badminton - or any other Indoor-Sport.
    Maybe there is something new in the new SDK? Or it is just a problem with the 6X-Firmware, but it does not start a Livetrack for Indoor-Running.

Regards,

Jörg

• Thank you so much for taking the time to do the test, I really appreciate it! It confirms there is an issue with the simulator (that's not a first).

Don't worry for the display of the time, I add a top margin when this setting is enabled.

For the Livetrack issue, I will check again but I didn't find any mention about this feature in the SDK.

Back to the new match screen, do you like it? It's a bit crowded, but it's difficult to display all this information on such a tiny screen (even if new watches like the Fenix 6 give more room, I have to maintain a design that works with all watches).

• Back to the new match screen, do you like it? It's a bit crowded, but it's difficult to display all this information on such a tiny screen (even if new watches like the Fenix 6 give more room, I have to maintain a design that works with all watches).

For me even the "old" Design was fine. Having a 280x280-Display i am also fine with the additional Information (Lines). I think someone with a lower resolution should be the one judging that.

• Looks nice, are those angled lines anti aliased?

• Is there a way to undo a score in this app? I tried the app on a vivoactive 3 and could not find a way to undo a score.