Watchface: Digital for TactixD and Digital for TactixD v2 Beta

This is forum to streamline questions processing, feature requests, bug reporting and general discussion regarding
Digital for TactixD face: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d4fbcc93-5e5e-4030-8278-2bd8463921db
Digital for TactixD v2 Beta: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

Idea behind this face is that the best face is the one which is set exactly as i want it.

*** IMPORTANT: Always include your email if you are contacting me using Contact Developer form. Without it i cannot contact you back as form will come with [email protected] as a sender address.

Q&A:

Why there are so many settings available? It is hard to navigate through them:
Sending watchface user defined parameters such as color, font and screen placement through app settings seems to be the only available option at this moment. Amount of settings is a tax for having many objects available. During time i've found out  there are also problems and limitations coming with amount of settings, therefore version 2 is being in development where at least some of the fields configuration will be simplified.

Why are my settings changes not reflected on WatchFace ?
It seems this issue is tied to Garmin CIQ app which is not able handle huge amount of settings properly. When settings are done through Android/iOS Garmin Mobile app all should work as expected.

Will be there Weather details available ?
Yes, weather is in progress and will be included in v2 version. Currently testing various weather providers APIs and fighting with best details visualization on the screen.

Why is my language not supported i see only squares instead of characters ?
During short life time of this face 26 custom fonts have been already requested and implemented. Fonts consume a lot of available resources, therefore characters are limited to the absolute minimum => english characters and numbers only. Languages with 'special' characters such as czech, russian, japanese etc. cannot be supported until more resources will be available to watch faces. Toggle button "Force English Day/Month Name" to force most exposed fields to english has been implemented instead.

Will more features be implemented ?
Yes, i am adding more features based on incoming requests. Priority is usually set by amount of requests.

• Well, welcome to the Garmin world, fact that watch can use Garmin weather APP does not mean Garmin exposed weather API to the developers (who needs to use Garmin CIQ while Garmin programs their apps differently) on particular watch type. There is so big hype on 5X that i think they will be forced to do it sooner or later. Hopefully one day they will figure out why not to allow developers to use all values which are already available on the watch anyway, like sunrise/sunset, no fly time etc.
    Ok so 5X, i am still convinced this is screwed up settings file, as i am having lot of errors coming to error reporting tool which is basically telling cannot read even first setting on the list for various watches Other option is not enough memory (however i have still 3kB free in 5X emulator without any issue while changing settings).
    will try reproduce. What application has been used to change the settings and what application has been used to update the app ? What modifications are you trying to do comparing to default ? Would you be able send me any err_log.txt, err_log.bak, ciq*.* logs etc. from your watch ? It should be in Garmin\Apps\logs

• I have used both IQ and the connect app too change settings...... IQ app will change setting but then it crashes and goes to a default Garmin watch face... Connect app just does nothing when I change a setting for some reason.. As to which settings well that would be Any lol... Sometimes I have managed to get too or three to change without issue then(clicked saved after each change)  and then crashes.. On occasions just changing it back or changing another setting solves the crash without need to reinstall... Really is that hit and miss......  Happy to share logs but will have to be later..

• ok, biggest difference from previous version is that i compiled it with the latest Garmin CIQ SDK, 0.99.66 is compiled with the old one. Lets see if it changes something. Update and change settings only using garmin connect/mobile not CIQ store

• That works for me now... No more crashes etc...... And settings change on garmin connect too...... Question regarding weather data(sorry if its been asked)  Could you not use openweather like most other watches etc???

• So it works now ? Great, see what we need to deal with. Garmin pushes new SDK version and it screws up something on the background. Frankly i am fed up by wasting so much time to troubleshoot Garmin issues which should not be there at the first place if done properly. If it would not be face i am using as daily driver i would abandon it already :).

With regards to weather, it has been there for some time (openweather and former climacell), however i gave up troubleshooting  another issues Garmin acknowledged they exists, created ticket for my particular case and than closed it and ignored me without telling a word. Right after they introduced Garmin Weather APi ...which, i can only guess, was reaction to issues with web weather services.

At this moment, it is not possible as i am currently running on absolute memory consumption limit. This limit is not reached when apps run, but during settings changes. Garmin is using very suboptimal way (being polite) how settings changes are processed. With increased amount of settings their memory requirements increases significantly. In this case, with hundreds of settings they need above 30kB to do it while memory limit is 92kB. This limit is sum of app memory requirement, settings change memory consumption, any background web services processing and also size of the app code itself. Hence my intention to migrate to on the watch settings, which is option Garmin introduced few months back. By that i hope i will be able to completely remove settings thru Garmin app and save around 30kB which gives me plenty of resources to implement other features, including returning web weather services.

• Question, for memory issues, would it save some if for the alarm it could be treated like the Bluetooth icon instead? where it uses a color to indicate on and off vs 2 separate lines? Not sure if others would like that, but would work well I would think.

also I saw way back when that the units for the baro pressure should be migrated through. I guess one of the updates broke that, didnt know if there was a way to set the units so could have it in in-hg like used in aviation instead.

• This is my config, still playing around but definitely will be my go-to watch face for a long time.

I wonder if it is possible to add a second alternative timezone? Thx.

• Thats a Very nice setup...... Just wish the weather worked on the 5x ..And we could have  BNG/OSGB  in place on long/lat/mgrs. Would be perfect then

• Anyone know of some questions to the following

1.  How to convert the face to white w/ the data to be black?  I tried changing one by one (which took a while) and after the sync, lots of data still I would not see if it was left black.

2.  When i add / takeaway some features it will run into other features.  Any way to in essence turn of data a and then enable data m in data a's place?

thx and love this face just trying to manage it.

• I really like this watchface, i just get a fenix 5xplus but i have some bugs when i change settings in this watchface, im using garmin conmect for android. I tried to delate altitude, moon logo, week, sunsets options, trying to stay with a clean watxhface but with your excellent design. but when i apply the changes then the screen crashed and reset all the config,