Watchface: Digital for TactixD and Digital for TactixD v2 Beta

This is forum to streamline questions processing, feature requests, bug reporting and general discussion regarding
Digital for TactixD face: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d4fbcc93-5e5e-4030-8278-2bd8463921db
Digital for TactixD v2 Beta: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

Idea behind this face is that the best face is the one which is set exactly as i want it.

*** IMPORTANT: Always include your email if you are contacting me using Contact Developer form. Without it i cannot contact you back as form will come with [email protected] as a sender address.

Q&A:

Why there are so many settings available? It is hard to navigate through them:
Sending watchface user defined parameters such as color, font and screen placement through app settings seems to be the only available option at this moment. Amount of settings is a tax for having many objects available. During time i've found out  there are also problems and limitations coming with amount of settings, therefore version 2 is being in development where at least some of the fields configuration will be simplified.

Why are my settings changes not reflected on WatchFace ?
It seems this issue is tied to Garmin CIQ app which is not able handle huge amount of settings properly. When settings are done through Android/iOS Garmin Mobile app all should work as expected.

Will be there Weather details available ?
Yes, weather is in progress and will be included in v2 version. Currently testing various weather providers APIs and fighting with best details visualization on the screen.

Why is my language not supported i see only squares instead of characters ?
During short life time of this face 26 custom fonts have been already requested and implemented. Fonts consume a lot of available resources, therefore characters are limited to the absolute minimum => english characters and numbers only. Languages with 'special' characters such as czech, russian, japanese etc. cannot be supported until more resources will be available to watch faces. Toggle button "Force English Day/Month Name" to force most exposed fields to english has been implemented instead.

Will more features be implemented ?
Yes, i am adding more features based on incoming requests. Priority is usually set by amount of requests.

• I saw it only in not beta version. Now I uninstall that face for the beta one. I don't remember where is the config. 

• Hi, wifi has been removed from the V2 version as it was virtualy useless. On modern watches Wifi is active only for short period of time till data are transferred in order to safe battery. That means wifi icon would be active only in moment when is active during watch face refresh (once per minute) which is very unlikely to happen at the same time.
    I will see if i have memory left for code to country from location text. Garmin decided to provide both location and country in their api response and filtering costs lot of bytes i dont have available usually..

• it will be possible once i will have few spare bytes for new data block. That should happen once i will fully migrate to in watch settings rather than using unreliable CIQ store settings.

• Heads up to all users:

i am going to release few new versions with 2 weeks gaps. Reason is transition to face with in watch settings rather than unreliable CIQ settings. That should give me a lot of more available memory (however it will decrease user friendliness during the setting changes) 

- first release today: will include temperature fixes, add requested option to go to battery saver when DND is set, it will also put on the watches inactive code for storing settings to the watch (this is to test memory effect on various watch types), it will also add support for few more watches

- ... if all ok, next release will enable option to store settings (for the beginning A and B) to the watch memory and load them on demand

- ...if all ok, last release will migrate to the  on-the-watch settings mode using stored settings if exists and will completely abandon CIQ store settings changes option (if all goes as planned i expect roughly 30kB more memory available which should allow me to add other requested features, including exporting/importing settings out of the watch in form of text string)

• Hi, Tom. Looking forward to start testing! Thanx for work

• I support. Brilliant idea about steps + walked distance.MfG

• Ok so update showed, I updated now I am getting constant notifications about an update for this watchface!!!!   and its for previous version

• Ok further to my issues(mentioned above.. It crashes constantly for me on my Fenix 5x (currrent beta)when ever I change a setting its ok or a short while then just crashes only way to fix is uninstall etc..

• Did uninstall and install back fixed the issue ? If yes then it is 99,9% Garmin settings file corruption issue which is driving me mad as it seems Garmin doesn't care at all despite so many complains from developers

• NO Did it three times... Always same issue... For me at least it has made the watchface unusable... Which is a shame as previous version never had issues other than saying "watch doesn't support garmin weather" which believe it does as it comes with garmin weather app!!!