Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• I'm not sure what you are asking here:

>>> So if I use this "now=middle" format and don’t set a full circle I should set a different limit?

If you set "now=middle" then there isn't much else you can specify currently to change what it shows Slight smile If you change the start & end positions of the ring, then the rest of the ring will scale to still show 24 hours. So with "now=middle" then the start of the ring is always "now - 12 hours" and the end of the ring is always "now + 12 hours". It is just a simple implementation, awaiting feedback - yours is the first on it I think Slight smile

• Oh okay nevermind I just got things mixed up. I think I get it now Slight smile

Another quick question:

I tried setting up a day and night Watchface. So I wanted to set the 1 as the standard day design and 2 as the night design that only activates between sunset and sunrise. But it doesn't change automatically.

What am I doing wrong here?

• This is more advanced now Slight smile

Looking at those pics, the key thing to know is that lower numbered profiles take priority over higher numbered ones if the times overlap. You currently have profile 1 set to all day - so profile 2 never gets a chance to load.

Instead if you set profile 2 to be from 00:00 to 00:00 (all day)

And set profile 1 to load from sunrise until sunset, then it should work.

(Or you could swap profile 1 & 2 with each other - then the night profile will override the day one as expected)

• I've finished making a package for M2 Designer to be used in the simulator, along with some instructions if anyone is daring enough to try it out Slight smile (Possibly )

The folder with the download is available on OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQ7iSnpSoQ2sscowpDhRWrTuZzAlA?e=NoUwcR

And these are the instructions currently:

Read Me.docx

The basics are: install Java, download and unzip 2 files (the Garmin CIQ SDK and the M2 Simulator Package)

If anyone tries it (!) I'd be interested to hear that it works (or not) - I tried it on my laptop and it was successful. Also any feedback on:

• how the instructions can be improved
    • whether you found it worth doing the downloads and going through the process
    • whether it is easier to use M2 Designer in the simulator on PC rather than on your watch
  • You called me out... I can hardly say no, now can I!

And yeh, of course I will. Haha

• Looking good so far. Instructions seem fine, though I'd recommend fewer words, more screenshots... Or even better, a video... People like videos! Wink

I can definitely say it's much easier and faster experience!

Using the watch, my fingers started getting sore from pressing buttons, and arm too from holding it up (in the end I just took the watch off to do the designing). I also kept getting notifications when I was designing, so that was a huge PITA too... And the back light kept switching off.

For simple watchfaces, this may be more effort than it's worth, but for people like me who want to tinker and create multiple, more complex ones... This is a much better experience. The big winner is speed... This is able to load and go through the menu a lot faster. I was using my mouse, but then realised I could just use the touch screen on my Windows tablet, so that was easier too... Ultimately mapping kb buttons would be best, but this works just fine for me :) 

Even though I already had it downloaded, I never got too familiar - is there a way to reload the app? It was SLIGHTLY annoying when I just kept pressing back too many times, it'd take me back to the Garmin Triangle. I could just reopen the bat file and everything was saved, so this isn't a huge biggy. 

Also, is there a way to spoof a diff time on this? 

Rolling eyes

• nice try, can you post the code ?

• , THANK YOU for providing this amazing tool for free!!! Slight smile

Here is my profile:

01Ys522Vn1W11WDAO1011WwWT023QW221QVk1WwXl03X7813NC135813S713B811WwVv04L013VV213N714G013Vr211WwU04U0Vx3Vx213N714R0Vd3Ve218160VxVcVm09ZD551VxW21WwYE03Va213U21YQI0QWMC01WpVkVv0WsA01WrVZ2Vc3N21VnY4Vu04VV0MZ9X5YE04H0Vw

• - that was fast Slight smile

Great to know it worked! And good feedback - I'm making notes. I can disable the back button exiting the app on the simulator version - there isn't any point to having it there actually.

In apps (like M2 Designer) it looks like you can't change the time from the simulator menus - only for watchfaces. I could probably add a way of overriding it, or provide some files to run the watchface version too. Or changing the time on your PC probably works (but not necessarily a good solution!)

Thanks for trying it Slight smile

•  - Nice colors Slight smile And having some fun with the ring / seconds too!