Data Field: Dozen Run Fields

Dozen Run, Swim, Paddle and Cycle Data Fields
After others are forcing you to pay for these applications, so I decided to make a great data field(s) and then keep them free. I'm a Software engineer, sponsored runner and run coach, I combined my engineering and running knowledge to bring you these streamline applications.

I put thousands of hours of bench and field testing these simple applications. So, consider a small donation.
Small donations (help keep my effort going) paypal.me/fbbbrown

Install Instructions:
This Data field needs to be added to the (specific) app within your watch to view.

This is a data field not an application and needs to be added to a single data screen within an application.
a.) Goto settings,apps,run,data screen,screen 1
b.)Set Layout to 1 Field
c.) Set Field 1 to ConnectIQ Fields, DozenRun
d.) run happy!

INSTALL ISSUES:
-"!" Issue: If you receive a "!", completely uninstall, reboot and then reinstall. The Setting file changed and the automated Garmin install is not replacing the setting file.
-Download Issue: if you have the "App requires an update before install", hard reboot your watch TWICE and install again.
-TIMER Issue: If you update/install and you see the TIMER and don't see the Dozen data field.
--The data field update or install may require a restart of watch.
--Or the data field needs added to the built-in application, again.

These are becoming a Data Field Suite, where all field are similar making it easier to read while in an activity.

The Dozen fields are intended for training, the data field works fine for speed work, track or races, but readability in these conditions maybe tougher.

IMPORTANT: If you have a Question, recommendation or problem.
Please provide as much as possible (for example the following):

1.) Watch type, Watch firmware version and ConnectIQ version.
2. programmed from Garmin Connect (phone type) or Garmin Express
3.) Which data field
4.) description of issue
5.) if its a "!" error include the error log from your watch. Connect your watch to a PC using USB cable. The error log is located x:\GARMIN\APPS\LOGS. copy the listing and paste in the post.

Layout Dozen Run Datafield fenix3
Cad|HR
Pace|Distance
Battery meter
Avg Pace| (bluetooth) Timer
Calories|Time|Elevation
GPS

Layout Dozen Run Datafield FR 230/235/630
Cad|HR
Pace|Distance
Battery meter
Elevation|Time|Calories
GPS

Layout Dozen Run Datafield FR 920XT
Pace|Timer
Battery meter
Avg Pace|HR| (bluetooth) Distance
Cad |Time|Elevation
GPS

Layout Dozen Cycle Datafield
Cad|HR
Speed|Distance
Battery meter
Calories|Time|Elevation
GPS

Layout Dozen Swim data field
Laps | SWOLF
Pace| Distance
Battery meter
Average Pace | (bluetooth) Timer
Calories| TIME | Stroke Type
GPS

Layout Dozen Paddle Datafield
AHR|HR
Speed|Avg SPD
Battery meter
Timer| Distance(bluetooth)
Cad|Time|AVG CAD (stroke distance)
GPS

Description for all fields
--All watch types are support for all data fields. Coded simple to keep bugs at minimum.
-Race Prediction completely configurable for any distance. Distance is entered in meters. Enter 1%-2% longer distance to adjust for normal GPS error and better race prediction.
-Cadence either from watch, footpod or crank cadence. Color coded to provide instant readability
-Heart Rate field is configurable to several methods: calculation (default), manual entered max HR, or individual zones Color coded to provide instant readability
-Pace/Speed is a rolling average to give a smooth reading configurable from 1 second to 120 seconds (Metric or statute by user setting)
-Distance is the total distance for the activity (Metric or statute by user setting)
-Timer is the actual time of the active time. Not Elapsed time.
- Battery meter uses the entire screen for reliability and acts as a divide to help focus one the upper fields.
-Avg Pace\Speed is a Garmin's provided datafield. (Metric or statute by user setting)
-Calories is the activity calories.
-Elevation based on Garmin's values. (Metric or statute by user setting)
-Time of day either in 12hr or 24 hour (based on user setting)
-(Fenix3/920)Auto background color Black or White background based on app settings
-(230/235) Configurable background color Black or White background (user configuration)
-GPS uses same indicator as iPhone for GPS signal. 5=full, 4=usable, 3=poor, 2=unused, 1= last location & 0 = no GPS
-Blue Tooth connectivity is shown as a blue "B"
-Paddle Stroke distance is a calculated by actual speed / cadence. Displayed in Meters/Feet.

#runhappy
  • hi
    what mean the field "Rolling Speed Period for second" in the settings ?
  • That is an average window for speed. The more seconds increase the windowed average
  • Please tell me does Dozen cycling data field suport %hrr.
    Cant find how to configure it ????
  • Ziilky, yes by default. set the watch HR zones to use HRR then the Datafield will uses the zones set in the watch.
  • fbbbrown

Now I get %hr but %hrr (heart rate resting) I cant get showing.
    In same time, garmin fields shows my %hrr correctly.
    My zones are set in watch (fenix3) and I set calculation method to %hrr, of course.
    Other fields witch I used till last week shows it correctly, garmin shows it too ... soo what I am doing wrong?
    One more tip... Can u make percentage (witch is now right small number) to be configurable to shows in first bigger number of right upper field ... Because zones are more important then bpm for most of cyclists
  • How can I disable color in entire field os cad and hr? in the config there is a option "VAHR ONLY: color in entire hr/cad field: No. But no effect when I run. The entire field of cad/hr still colored.

Thanks in advanced.
  • If you have the VAHR, it will disable the HR/CAD Color. it was for a special case and I do not recommend. Usually most only want to see the color range while running, and is kinda unsafe to be looking at smaller numbers while moving.
  • Hi FB Brown.

2 questions/suggestions.

Change the link to "this thread in the forum" in your QI description.

I really mis the remaining time / distance from a workout.
    I often run with a workout (80% of my training), now I'm constantly changing between Dozen and the Workout datafield, to see what is remaining.

Is it possible to add this workout information into a configurable field in Dozen run?

• Fbbrown

Can you do a favor and provide some general setup guidelines for the dozen cycle, for cyclist desiring power output display with a bike setup of:

1) no cadence/speed censor or power meter

2) cadence/speed censor but no power meter 

3) no cadence/speed censor HAS power meter 

4) has all 3

I recently bought fr935 and found your data field. Getting a watts reading that is all over the place during my ride. (currently no censors or power meter) and confused on best way to configure app/data field to get best output. Thanks for your help! 

• I also would prefer the look not fully colored, but only in the edges. As it is shown on the showcase picture on a 735 in the IQ store, and how it is displayed on DozenCycle on the same watch. As a result both datafields differ now a little bit in the look on a 735. But I can understand argumentation - when I look on my HR during cycling....usually not a brilliant idea.