This app requires an update of your fenix 3. Please use Garmin Express to update your

Supposedly fixed 4 months ago what gives?
  • With all the new FW with 1.3.x or 2.1.x Connect IQ, it's happening again. Garmin is aware and working on fixing it. Here's what I've suggested to users that use "Contact Developer" to ask about it, and one of the two seems to resolve this.

The app store sometimes doesn't know that you've updated your FW, and here are a couple of things to try.
    1) plug into your computer with Garmin Express, let it sync, and unplug it.

2) unpair your watch from your phone and pair it again

You may also try just powering off your watch and powering it on, as that may work in some cases.
  • Thank you for reaching back out to us. Hopefully this hasn't been broken for the full 4 months for you! jim_m_58 is correct and there is a fix in place. In a nutshell what is happening has to do with how the Garmin Connect platform gets information about what the current software version of your device is. We are working on a fix to make sure that this is consistent across both syncing platforms to avoid any confusion. My recommendation for a work around at this point is to plug your device into Garmin Express and let it sync. This should update the current info of your device on the Garmin Connect side. The app store should see the new information the next time it checks your software version when you try to download anything from Connect IQ.
  • Still not Working

I still cant get it to work. When will this be fixed?
  • Hi Garmin Team,

As this is still happening, would you mind contacting the regional support teams, and advising them it is a known issue?

I am not getting a number of 'irate' users who have contacted the Garmin Support, and been told to contact the Developer, as it's not Garmin's issue.

Thanks
    Chris
  • "Requires an update of your fenix 3"

I have updated my Fenix 3 to version 8.0. Have synched, unplugged it, re plugged it. Unpaired and repaired.
    While trying to download watchfaces it asks for the watch to be updated as per the title of this post.

Please advise

Thanks
  • Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to pop back in and let you know that this is still a major priority for us. This continues to be a complicated issues that really is several issue that result in the same symptom. I apologize for the time it has take and continue to appreciate your patience.

-Coleman
  • OK Garmin, I just paid 600$ for Tactix Bravo. AND guess what? I AM DISAPPOINTED. Every watch face that could be useful for me is incompatible with this watch. Running the latest firmware 8.0, and for every just a little bit complicated face i got the "you need to update through Express" message. I could be wrong, but I think this watch is NOT capable to display and handle more that 4 - 5 different information on a watch face..... only plain and simple watch faces are working.
  • Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to pop back in and let you know that this is still a major priority for us. This continues to be a complicated issues that really is several issue that result in the same symptom. I apologize for the time it has take and continue to appreciate your patience.

-Coleman

Is there an estimate when this will be fixed? I just purchased a 235 and I am having the same problem. I tried the solution above and it still doesn't work.
  • Brand new fenix 3 HR, fully updated, failing download

What everyone else has said.

This is sad. This is aggravating. This is an expensive mistake. I will give Garmin a few days to fix it and then the watch is going back.

On a side, what I am confused though is that you guys are referring to firmware version 7 (or someplaces 8!). I am on 4.0 and that seems to be the last version per http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=10270