This app requires an update of your fenix 3. Please use Garmin Express to update your

Supposedly fixed 4 months ago what gives?
Parents
  • Solved for me

Hi there I had this problem with my recently purchased (yesterday) Fenix 3 HR.

I had paired it with my phone first. This appeared to create the first record of software version on online Garmin Connect for my Fenix 3 HR. Which was whatever software came on the device at manufacture.

Then I connected it to Garmin Express (computer hookup with USB) so I could get the latest software, which was successful, but upon attempting to download a watch face the message came up that I needed to update my software. I gave up.

Later today after reading these posts I unpaired my device with my phone and re-paired it. This must have triggered the software check to confirm or overwrite the software record in online Garmin Connect.

I was able to successfully download a watch face after this. I imagine anything that will cause this software check trigger should work, as mentioned above.

Cheers, hope it works for everyone.
  • Solved for me

Hi there I had this problem with my recently purchased (yesterday) Fenix 3 HR.

I had paired it with my phone first. This appeared to create the first record of software version on online Garmin Connect for my Fenix 3 HR. Which was whatever software came on the device at manufacture.

Then I connected it to Garmin Express (computer hookup with USB) so I could get the latest software, which was successful, but upon attempting to download a watch face the message came up that I needed to update my software. I gave up.

Later today after reading these posts I unpaired my device with my phone and re-paired it. This must have triggered the software check to confirm or overwrite the software record in online Garmin Connect.

I was able to successfully download a watch face after this. I imagine anything that will cause this software check trigger should work, as mentioned above.

Cheers, hope it works for everyone.
Children