This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Usability Problems With New Garmin Connect Web Courses Page

TLDR: With the list of courses on the left hand side, you cannot CTRL-Click to open into a new browser tab (or Right Click and select 'Open in New Tab'). This makes it SUPER ANNOYING when planning out what Ride/Run course I want to follow. #GarminPleaseFixThis

So I've got almost 600 courses saved in my Garmin Connect Courses.

My usual workflow is to: Open MyCourses list, then filter by Type e.g. 'Road Cycling', then add a distance filter e.g '50-80 Km'
   (* Props admittedly due to the Devs for the very useful new 'Course Name' filter and actually functional distance filters!)

I would then scroll through the list and open the Courses I was thinking about riding into New Tabs (so that I could look at the routes in more detail)

With the new UI (v4.65.2.0, 23.7.6.0) it does look better, but it has BROKEN the ability to open the separate courses into new tabs (NO Ctrl-Click or Right-Click)

If you click on a Course it loads the full Course Details page (which you could duplicate the tab), but then when you go back it has lost the Filters and you have to apply them again.

This makes looking at or comparing multiple courses almost impossible, thus making the new UI absolutely useless!
[Tested on Windows 11, Firefox v112.0 + Chrome v112.0.5615.86]

GARMIN DEVS... can this please be fixed ASAP (and if anyone knows a way of temporarily going back to the old UI, that would be really helpful!

Cheers, Derek 

• Thanks for commenting

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried... (I would settle for that as a workaround)

But for me, Left-Clicking on the Share button does nothing (Hovering over it shows 'Share', but No URL and therefore right click has no 'Open in X' option).

I mentioned in my reply to Garmin Support, that the Share Button was broken and having any element in the 'Course Preview Box' that could be CTRL-Clicked upon would be a good option!

• Same for me, it doesn't work on the list of courses, so this button is bugged.

• Thank you for reporting this. To track the number of users who do not like this current design, please answer the following:

1. Do we have permission to add you to the engineering ticket?
    2. What Country are you located in?
  • Does the gpx files maintain the Course Points? If yes... Does GPSBabel maintain the correct position of the the Course Points in the converted fit?

• 1. Yes
    2. UK

(And just to note, I have no issues with the 'visual look' (design) of the new UI, just the loss of functionality that was working before, i.e. Quickly opening multiple Courses in New tabs)

• I find the new version of the site with a small image of all your courses nice.  But who wants to go to Olathe, United States?  Not me, I'm so sick and tired of always ending up in Olathe.  In the previous version you started where you left or you had the entire world (I can't remember exactly).  You zoom in on the Google map to a point and you switch to OSM you're back in Olathe.  You're on a point on the map and decide to make a new course, so you click on new course and hup you're back in Olathe.  You clicked on new course but you think you need to change the map to have a better view where to put you're starting point and once again you end up in Olathe when you change the map.

Garmin please fix this!

• I'm having the same problem. I've only been able to sync courses with no additional course points. Kind of infuriating.

• I have trried a workound and it works for me.

I edited the (bad) course in Garmin Connect App (Android) and choose "Edit" -> "Invert direction" (twice) then save, and after this operation, the Garmin Connect App could send the course to my Garmin Edge Explore 2.

• Ok thanks I will try that next time. I tried the file converters mentioned earlier in the thread but they did not include the additional course points. I did also try using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome and that seems to have fixed the problem.

• I've just tried with Microsoft Edge and the result is wrong. If you open the fit file with RouteCoverter, yo can see all course points are located at the begining of the tack and the aspect is terrible. No works in the device.