This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin coach not recognizing completed workout even though it shows up correctly as completed on my calendar?

My plan had me scheduled to do a goal pace run yesterday, it came up on my watch, I did the goal pace run, saved it, and synced. Today was listed as a rest day. But when I look at my Garmin Coach workout schedule today, yesterday is now listed as a rest day and “goal pace run” is listed for today. But, in my garmin connect calendar, yesterday still includes both my Garmin Coach workout of “goal pace run” and the completed run which it auto-titled “[Location]- Goal Pace Run” and lists“goal pace run” again as my workout for today - what should I do?

I’ve already re-synced my fenix 5s with Garmin Connect phone app and it changed nothing. I never rescheduled the goal pace run or tried to. My phone did have connectivity (cell and WiFi) issues for a bit yesterday for some reason bc I’m out of my home country, but I resolved those yesterday. I’m worried that it’ll mess my plan up if I delete today’s newly-added repeat goal pace run, but I don’t know what to do to have Garmin Coach recognize that it asked me to do this run yesterday and I did it yesterday.

• I have the same problem. The run appears on the watch and also on the iOS app and even on the Garmin Coach tab within the App (and also on the website) but  for some reason it does not recognize the fact that it was done as part of the training schedule and it still shows that I have not completed my training for today. Tried all options suggested by RonHi and user 1368706 but nothing worked.

• I have the exact same problem !  my benchmark run was sync without any problem, but my second run part of the training program is not recognised as completed by the coaching program. it only shows a run in my calendar.. I can't believe that GARMIN has not managed to fix this bug that apparently has been going on for ages ? did anyone manage to get in touch with someone from GARMIN . Are they even reading the feedack given in this forum ?

• I have the same issue. So annoying. This was my first run after my Benchmark which synced fine... this issue has been a bug for over a year! Can’t believe they haven’t fixed it. Hoping the Garmin Coach feature is not totally useless for me and future runs will be logged in Coach. 

• I am not using Garmin Couch but instead get my planned trainings from Training peaks. It worked well for a year and in December it stopped. I now have all workouts in my calender as planned and also the completed training. Garmin Connect does not match them as it used to.

• Has anybody figured this issue out yet? Same thing is currently happening to me... ran a time trial this morning (even got a PB!), and it’s saved as a workout but Garmin coach is telling me it’s scheduled for today. I’m getting a bit tired of Garmin messing up my runs now.

• Same thing for me today. It does seem to match the workout, but isn’t present in the main coach overview page. 
    Took a few syncs to get it to say workout complete. 
    something funky going on. 

tried the setting activity type trick no joy. 
    I had made a change today which was using a duplicated running activity with custom screens. I also pressed resume at end as I went over by a few minutes. No idea if either of those things made a difference. 

more gutting was my training status of unproductive combined with a lower vo2 max. Not what I was hoping for on week 3

• The geniuses at Garmin help basically said it was my fault for not syncing the watch with my phone before going for the run. But the lady assured me this wasn’t a glitch or a bug that they couldn’t be arsed fixing Joy In the end, I deleted the entire coaching program. So yea, apparently, every time you move, exercise, breathe or fart, make sure you sync the watch with your phone.

• That’s frustrating. Why would it need syncing before the run? The watch already holds the data and surely it’s not rocket science to pair them up post-sync. 
    I don’t want to quit my programme but these sort of things are annoying. That said, as long as you do the workout who cares - you can carry on even with missed workouts. Not ideal but serviceable. 

• I’m having the same problem. It seems I did today a workout I missed yesterday. So the Coach module deleted the missed activity from the schedule and now it’s not included in the Coach training. I am finding this rather annoying.

• Still happening.  Started the coaching workout (or did I?) Then after 30 minutes of my 2 hour run I knew something was different.  I know I did it and I have the run data.  I would hope Garmin has a way to let it be recognized as my coaching workout...