This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin coach not recognizing completed workout even though it shows up correctly as completed on my calendar?

My plan had me scheduled to do a goal pace run yesterday, it came up on my watch, I did the goal pace run, saved it, and synced. Today was listed as a rest day. But when I look at my Garmin Coach workout schedule today, yesterday is now listed as a rest day and “goal pace run” is listed for today. But, in my garmin connect calendar, yesterday still includes both my Garmin Coach workout of “goal pace run” and the completed run which it auto-titled “[Location]- Goal Pace Run” and lists“goal pace run” again as my workout for today - what should I do?

I’ve already re-synced my fenix 5s with Garmin Connect phone app and it changed nothing. I never rescheduled the goal pace run or tried to. My phone did have connectivity (cell and WiFi) issues for a bit yesterday for some reason bc I’m out of my home country, but I resolved those yesterday. I’m worried that it’ll mess my plan up if I delete today’s newly-added repeat goal pace run, but I don’t know what to do to have Garmin Coach recognize that it asked me to do this run yesterday and I did it yesterday.

• Were you able to get this resolved? I am currently experiencing the same thing.

• I'm also experiencing this!

• This also happened to me today.  

• Happened to me today as well... super annoying since the other workouts for the week won’t update without the time trial being done/ recognized as done...

• Same here. Happened first time today!

• I figured out a solution.  To briefly summarize:  a completed training workout shows up as an activity, but doesn't get recognized by the Garmin Coach.    Steps to solve (I'm using the Garmin app on an Android):  open the activity, click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, edit activity, scroll down to Activity Settings, tap Event Type, change from Uncategorized to Training, tap Save.  Navigate to Garmin Coach and you should see your activity recognized as completed workout as part of your Training.  Hope this helps.

• A miracle occured. 24 hours later the workout has been marked as completed in the "Workout Schedule".However it is still not available in the Garmin Coach overview, where the coach usually comments the workout "Good job"/Room for improvement. I assume the workout schedule is the leading source for adapting future workouts.  I will watch closely what will happen next days.

• This happened with me too. I woke up to the Workout Schedule showing my Time Trial as Completed with my remaining workouts lined up. But, the Time Trial isn't available inside the Garmin CoaCh overview. Tried steps too, still won't show up in the overview. For now, I'm just happy my training hasn't stopped because of this.

• Unfortunately it happened to me too yesterday. After the training I was asked the usual question how hard the training session was by the watch and everything seemed fine. But after syncing the session is just recognized as a normal training and not showing up in garmin coach. The tip with changing the acitvity manually to training did not help. This morning garmin coach wanted shifted the session to today and still thinks I did not complete it. To avoid getting stuck in the plan I deleted the session from the calendar. This is a very annoying bug! 

• I  am in the same boat. Just finished a run with the coach on my watch. It shows up in GC as activity but not as completed training. There is the same run scheduked for today because my run didn't sync or wasn't recognized but the coach app on the watch worked. Super annoying.