This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status separated when using two devices

I have a FR645 and an EDGE530, one for running (with chest strap) and one for cycling (chest strap and power meter).

Physio TrueUp is enabled on both devices, so I was expecting to see my cumulative training status, taking into consideration both runing and cycling.

But no, I have two different training status, one for each device:

FR645

EDGE530

My FR645 is telling me that I'm in a recovery period, but of corse it's not and I'm digging hard into cycling.

The only updated data is the recovery advisor, which on my everyday FR645 shows me correctly 42 hours, which is the recovery advice calculated by my EDGE 530, even if FR645 is still saying that I'm basically doing nothing (recovery...).

This is bad, because the whole point of choosing two devices of the same brand is to share information between the two, to be able to plan my next training session.

In my opinion Training Status must be a cumulative data, not divided by device but by sport: for example if I'm able to see only my running training status on Garmin Connect, I can adjust my schedule to compesate for imbalance between two my sports, but my overall training status is always the same, I'm not "recovery" if I'm overtraining with cycling!

• It's not hot enough where I like to activate this feature so I don't know on that one.

Living in a temperate maritime climate there are only a handful of days each year when the temperature gets above the 22C required to activate this feature.

• Ok, anybody else could check, please? 

• Hi!

Not sure if you got an answer to solve the issue, I had the same with an Edge 530 and a Marq together with a Tacx Neo 2T
    The following link solved my problem and now I'm able to see a synchronized Training Status.  

https://www.correrunamaraton.com/en/garmin-physio-trueup-2/

Keep training and never give up! 

• My data between watch 6s  and Edge 1040 synchronized but Training Status on edge is Productive and watch is No status.

• Do you have a running VO2 max? 

• No as I only do cycling and walking, but I still would have thought that training status would be the same as on the edge and GCM and GC web which is Productive.

• The training status is not always the same on all devices. It depends on which VO2 max is being used for the calculation. I got an FR945 and Edge 1030 and currently both of them are using my Running VO2 max to calculate the training status so even if the Edge is cycling only it can use the running VO2 max. 

The load should be the same for all devices if you sync them correctly.

Is the load the same on both devices and do you have Physio TrueUp enabled on them?

• Yes the load is the same on. both devices and Physio Tuneup enable.

I shall just ignore the watch Training Status as I never run and it is not even in my list of activities.

Thanks for your help.

• both of them are using my Running VO2 max

is there way to specify which to use (running vs cycling)?

• I'm a 3yr user of a 935, 945, F7 and 530. I'm surprised I didnt see this before but I'm not so deep into the stats or hardcore training to maybe have noticed. More, I just liked their hardware and longevity. 

I now see distinct differences in Training Status & Load between the watch F7 and the Edge 530. True Up is turned on for both. I do a synch multiple times a day on the watch and once manually before a ride. It doesnt change. Very annoying now that I've seen it.

I've read this thread enough to understand it was my fault for recording a ride on my watch a couple of times vs the Edge. 

Fundamentally this negates the whole advantage of staying Garmin. Garmin sold me on a single ecosystem and lots of features under one roof. If you're telling me to record on both but throw out the data from the Edge every time, that's bogus. Then sell me a $100 dumb terminal to mirror my watch so I have something to look at when I ride. A $400-800 Edge is a waste. 

IMO, Garmin Connect should be the hub to ingest all inputs and report correct stats. This is what every 3rd party platform does. And if I have to rely on 3rd party for software, I might as well also mix and match hardware OEMs. Not good long term for Garmin's finances.