This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status separated when using two devices

I have a FR645 and an EDGE530, one for running (with chest strap) and one for cycling (chest strap and power meter).

Physio TrueUp is enabled on both devices, so I was expecting to see my cumulative training status, taking into consideration both runing and cycling.

But no, I have two different training status, one for each device:

FR645

EDGE530

My FR645 is telling me that I'm in a recovery period, but of corse it's not and I'm digging hard into cycling.

The only updated data is the recovery advisor, which on my everyday FR645 shows me correctly 42 hours, which is the recovery advice calculated by my EDGE 530, even if FR645 is still saying that I'm basically doing nothing (recovery...).

This is bad, because the whole point of choosing two devices of the same brand is to share information between the two, to be able to plan my next training session.

In my opinion Training Status must be a cumulative data, not divided by device but by sport: for example if I'm able to see only my running training status on Garmin Connect, I can adjust my schedule to compesate for imbalance between two my sports, but my overall training status is always the same, I'm not "recovery" if I'm overtraining with cycling!

• I would agree that this does not make sense. I don't mind them being separate IF there was a third section which aggregated the data. With my 935 and 830 the devices tell me different training loads, and the web site then gives two different opinions of my training. So at the moment I am either Maintaining, or Recovering or Detraining, and I have 4 different 7 day training loads( two on the website, and one each on the devices). Physio true up would be really good if if worked as advertised.

• Meanwhile, something changed in Garmin Connect web... Yesterday I did an activity with my bicycle, and it was counted in my FR645 Training Status, that went from 626 to 930, from Recovery to Productive. BUT only on Garmin Connect web site!

On the FR645 at my wrist, my Training Status is still Recovery at 647... wow, very confusional.

• With Physio True Up enabled on all devices it should definitely be the same... hopefully this will be fixed soon!

• +1 for Garmin needing to fix ths. I have an Edge 1030 and a Marq Athlete and the numbers are a complete mess. On top of that I have 2 additional „devices“ labelled as „other“ that have different numbers again in GC.

Not sure if Garmin is even aware of the issue as it shouldˋt be difficult to fix. Other performance indicators are aligned nicely with Physio true up enabled units.

• Fully agree here. Got the Edge 1030 for biking and the Fenix 5x for everything else. Doesn't make any sense to have the training loadseparated. Garmin, fix this!

• Yes! I thought I was on my own here and doing something wrong! 

On Garmin connect I am on recovery on my FR945 and overreaching on my Edge 830. On the devices I am on maintaining for both respectively. 

I don’t trust the data! And when you can’t trust the data what’s the point of tracking it as any decisions or insights drawn from it could be very wrong. 

Is this not part of the value proposition when buying the devices? Perhaps it could be deemed as false advertising and misrepresentative of features - maybe even refund worthy? 

Please fix it garmin!!!!!

• Same here. I'm using the 935 and the 830. After bike & run yesterday the training load on my edge is 511/optimal and on the forerunner it says 319/low. This doesn't make sense.

• Same here and fully agree along with those below.  I have a Forerunner 935 and recently got an Edge 530. 

According to https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/general/trueup/, "Training-status-capable devices will incorporate both your running and cycling training status numbers and your training load from both devices, so you’ll know how hard you’re working overall."

So while not really what we're looking for, the training status of one device does take into account other devices.

• AgreedZ. Garmin when will you fix this?