This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• That’s interesting, as I’ve just done the most recent update today and the same problem happened again. 

• I got mine to work by re syncing my fenix 5s from the menu on the watch face . It took a while to Susan this out and very frustrating .

• iPhone 5e and fenix 5s ... took a while but I got mine to pair by deleting the phone from Bluetooth and then pairing vis the garmin connect app. You need to use the watch face menu to pair the watch and phone . Took a while to sus but got there in the end .

it is an Apple issue as the Garmin App and watch perfectly on my other device 

• I'm running iOS 12.4.3 and GCM 4.25.1.1 with a Fenix 6 Pro. Activities sync fine but calendar cannot be persuaded to sync in any way. I've tried re-installing the app and deleting the watch to re-pair several times. I just left Suunto because of their appalling software, and now I stumble into this! Any suggestions gratefully received, or indeed confirmation that anyone else is suffering the same problem - lots of replies here saying that activity sync is fixed for lots of people, but I'm not sure whether calendars are still working?

• Same here, it’s doesn’t want to sync

• Thanks for the tip! I followed the steps and it worked fine.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Ok for me I have a fix for my Fenix 5 but it’s really unsatisfactory but working, this involves both GC & connect IQ

I can get them both to work when I 1st install them no problem. However if my phone (iPhone 7plus) resets I have to:

1 for my GC sync, sign out of app (even though it shows not connected) and sign back in again, it then recognises and syncs to my iPhone perfectly.

2 for the connect IQ annoyingly I have to uninstall the app and then reinstall, relog in when it works and syncs perfectly again. It appears to be the only way to get it to sync (version 1.1.3) and it then works perfectly.

I have all the settings as Garmin suggest so no idea why after resetting phone it loses the ability to sync.

Hope this helps, John

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

Strangely when I tried the fenix 5 on my Samsung note 8 it works flawlessly even after restarting phone and even switching The phone off, waiting for 15 minutes and then powering up again.

conclusion: there is a problem between the GC coding and IOS 13.2.3 as it works perfectly well with Android Pie.

• I turned off call and text alerts on my Edge 520 and it is syncing normally again.  I had previously tried redownloading the app and repairing without success.

• Hi, did the problem solved? I also got this problem. My Garmin is not discoverable on any iPhone, iPad. I've tried to discovering garmin device on many iPhone and the device is not discoverable. It's been 4 days I tried to solve this problem and tried many solutions which available online. Now I'm about to give up....