This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Mine can't even locate my garmin!! HELP!!!

• The fact that they have still not fixed this is unfathomable to me. And why on earth are they not acknowledging it and giving us updates on what is happening?!

• This is in fact the most unacceptable in the whole situation: not admitting the problem en informing us... I don’t understand...

• Because Garmin cares about the bottom line, not the programming team or it's customers.  Read this:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html

I'm just about done with Garmin.  3 more weeks and that's it.  (end of my return period)

• I just ordered an Apple Watch 5, got it cheap with a £60 discount on flea bay, goodbye garmin 

• I'm wearing my AW5 all week.  Not wearing my Fenix 6x Pro, since the stuff I want to use on the watch is bugged out, and GCM is bugged out.  This is absolutely the worst I've seen Garmin.

• I'm seeing the same issue.  I unpaired my devices and restarted all then re-paired with a new Bluetooth paring, but did not help.  Appears to be uploading asynchronous but not at command or at activity end as in the prior version.  May take hours for an upload.    I've been using Garmin Express to upload Activities.   

IphoneX, iOS 13.1.3

Garmin Connect 4.24.1.4

6xSolar 4.30 (beta)

& all other Garmin Devices (Venu, F3, F5X+, EDGE 520+, VA3, FR 645 AND 935) FW CURRENT

• Im done with Garnin, is been a complete sh** show since Ingot the watch, busted firmware updates, then we had the debacle of the heart rate sensor dropping out randomly, their software is appalling, cant deal with it anymore, got better things to do than sit here pi**ing about, uninstalling this this adding that retry sync, restart this restart that just to get this worthless piece of junk to work, Garmin are a waste of time, this company will crash just like Nokia did if they dont get their cr*p together, fact is I won't be buying anything again with the Garmin name on it

• I just ordered an Apple Watch 5, got it cheap with a £60 discount on flea bay, goodbye garmin 

I got my AW5 beginning of October as I had enough with all the hassle with Garmin. Was a loyal user since 910XT and was not sure, if an AW will work. It does. Only issue is battery, but with sufficient cables around, it is a very minor thing compared to all the problems with Garmin. And considering the smart functionality, the Garmin 945 I own is about on the same level as a Symbian Nokia from 2005 compared to an iPhone 11 pro.

Love it, can decide which app I use for running and the developers are responsive when there are questions or issues. Not this void and spectacle as with Garmin. Gonna sell my 945 as soon as I got my replacement (bad button quality, so much for a premium multisport watch).

• Could it be related to this https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/31/20942043/apple-ios-13-iphone-11-pro-ram-memory-management-app-background-refresh ? Recently I've found that iOS closes Garmin Connect down after locking the phone, and this may explain why. Also the times I've managed to sync activities through mobile have always been when I prevented the phone from locking the screen and keeping the process on the front.