This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Please view the existing thread here for information on how to troubleshoot issues after updating to iOS 13. This is a good starting point for a lot of users, but we understand this may not resolve every symptom for each user. 

For users that are still experiencing issues after following the steps in that thread, please know we continue to investigate multiple issues that customers have reported and we appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. 

• i event reinstalled the app and removed the fenix. it works on edge 830, but thats the cheap hardware so of course it works

• I think most of us have tried all these. It doesn’t fix the issues being described here. The problem isn’t IOS13, which worked fine - it is the latest update to the Garmin app. Thanks for your time though. 

• Interesting that you choose to up vote your own post.....

However given the content perhaps this is understandable.

I think a casual scan of the issues discussed here would enable you have an opinion on the usefulness of your suggestion.

• The thread you mentioned doesn't help Disappointed

• This thread is not about BT connection issues or notifications. It's about syncing.

I have not had any connection or notification issues after updating to iOS 13, but after the latest update of GCM I struggle to sync intermittently.

It does seem there might be some kind of sync conflict between Connect and Connect IQ when both apps are running at the same time.

• We use the Verify Answer feature to mark certain replies as more visible acknowledgements. When doing this, that post will automatically show an up vote which isn't manually done. 

I have edited the response to clarify our intent with pointing users to the existing thread. I understand that not every issue in this thread is resolved with those steps and we are actively working on fixing multiple issues. 

• The exact symptom you are describing is being worked on in an open ticket. I don't currently have a timeline for a permanent fix and I apologize for the lack of information available, but this is actively being investigated. 

• Thanks for confirming. As long as I know that it's been identified and is being worked on, that''s really all I need to know.

• Mr. Garmin-Blake,

Nobody's problems with the IOS/GCM sync/weather problems are being fixed with the steps provided.  This has to be fixed by GCM.  I've tried calling but don't have 30 minutes to wait on hold to talk to someone.

I'm so frustrated with wiping my watch and removing GCM to get a temporary fix.  this i out of hand.   I have a Fenix 6x Pro.

Please give us a time frame.