This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Exact same problem here.  Noticed Garmin Connect updated 2 days ago and coincides with when the problems started.  Garmin is killing me with their firmware and software problems with my 6x Pro!

• Just spoke with Garmin.  Here's what he (Brett from Garmin) had me do.

forget bluetooth device from your phone

delete watch from Garmin Connect

delete garmin connect app from phone

restart phone

restart watch

re-download garmin connect

re-pair watch

a bit of a pain, but it's working again.

• I did that, exactly.  It shows connected and shows synced, but it's not really.  On Garmin Connect, choose the 3 dots at the bottom, choose your device.  Does it show connected there, or do you have the dreaded Exclamation point.  Can you change your applications and such in Garmin Connect?

I'm on an iPhone X 13.1.3.  Fenix 6x Pro.

• iPhone x and Fenix 5.. same thing. Shows synced but it is not (in full). Shows red exclamation mark in device setting but on main screen shows green synced icon. 

Steps sync. Stress, sleep, etc does not.

• Did this. Stuck on sync failed / red exclamation on device. Using a forerunner 235. 

• Same issue here. iPhone 11 Pro on 13.1.3 and same version of connect 4.24.0.17 using a fenix 5 plus.

Done a master reset, deletions, the whole works. Nothing works reliably. Notifications despite Garmin’s recent ‘fixes’ still work horribly, but activity sync today has been totally borked.

• Having the same issue. Tried the painful re-set but did not help.

• Same issue here. Tried the complete reset of watch and the app. Did not help. This is lasting 3 days now. 

• After a 4th delete BT device, remove from app, remove app and reset then reset up device and app, everything is starting to sync more reliably, however it is far from perfect. A master reset also helped, however you should not have to go to these extremes to get things (partially) working again.

Not sure if this is a connect issue or a an iOS 13.1.3 issue. Notifications are still largely borked, despite the help guides. Bluetooth connectivity is still patchy.

Overall this latest release is pretty bad and suggests a real lack of testing.

• Same on ios 13.1.2 en latest gcm. Not able to sync my runs. Only steps. I’m using fr 945. Tried to connect at an other phone with ios 12. Can’t connect either