This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• While I think the issue is far better than it used to be, there's still clearly issues that have to be resolved.  This weekend  my wife's 935 stopped syncing with GC entirely; she had the same issue I did with my fenix 5 plus for weeks.  She'd hit sync, it would spin and think, but then never actually sync.  I restarted the phone, no joy, restarted the watch, it started working again.  Then just last night, my watch did the same thing; as a bonus, when I'd try to connect over WiFi, it would give me a 0300 error (which I have *never* seen before in the 10 months I've owned this watch).  One restart later, and it synced to my phone no problem, but yes, there are clearly issues that have to be addressed still.  But, at least restarting the watch fixes it now and it doesn't seem permanently broken as when iOS 13.2 dropped.  

• Thanks, this did eventually work after deleting the app, reinstalling and then a few attempts to pair the phone. I think I might have an issue with my 45S also as it seems to freeze when syncing.

Will see if it stays connected or if it continues to drop out.

• G'day folks

I had a similar issue to that described above and found no amount of fu'ing around forgetting and deleting bluetooth pairings would help. In desperation I added Garmin Connect to the work phone that runs Android and tried synching an activity to Garmin Connect. Garmin and the Android phone thought and discussed this for quite a while between themselves and finally synched an activity. SUCCESS! When I un-paired the Android phone and re-paired my iPhone SE, the Garmin device (Edge 810) now downloads to the iPhone.  Personally I suspect somehow that the Android phone and the Edge device fixed the issue in Garmins software.  Bluetooth always connected to the iPhone SE but the Garmin device would not download throwing an error. Livetrack on the Garmin always worked fine which makes me suspect it wasnt the bluetooth as such but the script that communicates activities to the phone.  I hope this helps someone. Dont ask how or why it worked...it just did for me.

Cheers

darkhorsenay

• G'day folks

I had a similar issue to that described above and found no amount of fu'ing around forgetting and deleting bluetooth pairings would help. In desperation I added Garmin Connect to the work phone that runs Android and tried synching an activity to Garmin Connect. Garmin and the Android phone thought and discussed this for quite a while between themselves and finally synched an activity. SUCCESS! When I un-paired the Android phone and re-paired my iPhone SE, the Garmin device (Edge 810) now downloads to the iPhone.  Personally I suspect somehow that the Android phone and the Edge device fixed the issue in Garmins software.  Bluetooth always connected to the iPhone SE but the Garmin device would not download throwing an error. Livetrack on the Garmin always worked fine which makes me suspect it wasnt the bluetooth as such but the script that communicates activities to the phone.  I hope this helps someone. Dont ask how or why it worked...it just did for me.

Cheers

darkhorsenay

• Just updated iPhone software to Garmin 4.25.1 and Edge 810 uploaded ride. 

• Hi I’m in the same situation as yourself Garmin at 8:10 won’t upload to the iPhone 8 you can do it on the computer no problems but that’s not the point phoned up technical on the iPhone they can sort it but I believe it’s their software that caused it Strava won’t do anything Garmin Technical support assures me this week the app on your phone that’s going to be an update to solve the problem we will see
  • Give the lack of any solutions by Garmin for over a month, I believe it's time to switch platforms. I'm moving on to Suunto.

• I have the same problem every time I update the app or iOS on my Apple iPhone 11 Max.   Its very annoying - happening three times in the last few weeks, where the phone Connect app and Fenix 5 won’t connect or sync ... despite on-screen messages saying that they are, or that the watch isn’t set to sync (it is).  Eventually it lets me sync and then requires me to set up my account profile from scratch again.  Very frustrating.

• Contacted Garmin and they said this week we got an update on the app for the Garmin I’ve updated the Garmin app on my phone and it’s working properly that’s the latest