This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale not syncing

Why is it that every time Garmin Connect gets updated, there is a problem with the scale? As of today, I get >>>>>>>>>>x 

Is there something the users can do to solve this, or is Garmin going to fix it anytime soon? It is quite frustrating to see a 'smart' scale operating in a way that is not smart :)

• Joining the discussion here because I've seen the same problem since the 6/26 update. This is the second time that a software update, delivered over WiFI, has knocked my scale off WiFi. Last time, it was changing the DNS. This time it's timing and time-of-day? Off to test that.

• I solved the problem by purchasing a Whithings scale last night on Amazon, should be here today! Tired of dealing with this

• Ich hab jetzt mal folgendes gemacht. Ich habe die Waage resettet und anschließend mein Iphone auf Vereinigte Staaten "Region" gestellt und Sprache Englisch. Danach habe ich die Scale in meinen geräten in garmin connect Mobile App gelöscht und im Anschluß neu verbunden.

Nachdem das abgeschlossen war hab ich mehrere test Vorgänge gestartet und alle haben tadellos funktioniert. Dann hab ich mein Iphone wieder auf Deutsche Sprache und Deutschland "Region " umgestellt danach weitere Male getestet und die Wlan Funktion ist gegeben. Mal schauen ob es so bleibt

I have now done the following. I reset the scales and then set my iphone to United States "Region" and the language was English. Then I deleted the scale in my devices in the garmin connect mobile app and then reconnected it.

After that I started several tests and they all worked perfectly. Then I switched my iphone back to German language and Germany "region" after which I tested it again and the WiFi function is available. Let's see if it stays that way

• I am also having this problem since Thursday I believe. Have tried resetting everything and deleting and reinstalling the garmin connect app (only way to add the index scale again on iOS bluetooth mobile it seems). Has there been a software update that made everything go awol?

• Someone had posted about a "time of day" result.  I moved my scale closer to the router, yesterday, and thought that solved it.  Nope.  This morning, it doesn't upload the measurements, even when close. I tried after 3 PM (MST = GMT-7) and it worked. It uploaded all the remembered readings for today.  Recommend others try this. 

• Just stood on mine, about the same time as yesterday (I posed about the time of day) and it uploaded fine again. 6pm eastern time (east coast USA) seems to work. 

• First successful upload for me since Thursday at 8pm east coast time tonight. Fingers crossed that whatever Garmin needed to patch was patched this weekend.

• Mine have synce'd up for the first time this morning too

• Same *** here, I don't even get the >>>>>>x anymore, even though the wifi is connected. I have tried all the different suggestions but nothing.

• Worked this morning at 7 here in Denmark, but 5 hours later, again it fails