This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• This thread is for those who Do get value on a guided test, but Not Auto Detect.

Please 1. Reset HR zones to defaults, 2. Change them to based on % of Lactate Threshold, 3. Perform a new test, 4. If the issue persists, please start a new thread. 

• I am using zones based on LTHR since forever...

I have done 2 LTH tests (21st of jan, 22nd of feb) and only had an automatic LTH update on 28th of jan.

Looking back the earlier updates they were all for intervals like 4x5'@Z4/1:30rest (4th jan, 13.22 fw), 6x5'@Z4/1:30 rest (this was the one of the 28th of jan), 4x4'@Z4/1:30 rest (29th dec 22, 13.22 FW)

Since then (28th of jan) I have done various intervals:

5x3'@10k/1:30 rest

6x1k@10k/1:30 rest

4x6'@Z4/1:30 rest

5x3'@5k/1:30 rest

No updates...

When you say that some activities did indeed achieve a LTHR but it was not prompted, is this visibile in the .fit file? Might wanna check my interval sessions mentioned above if that might also be the case for me.

• Is this a joke? I usually had 1 LTH detection a week since I bought Fenix 6 in march 2021. And also from november 2022 when I got 955 until end of january.

Trainings are always the same, less or more. But now garmin suggests that we have to change settings and losing time to make lth test because they don't know why it has stopped working since two months!

Like my car can't no more go over 100km/h and the manufacturer suggests to accelerate with left foot and doors open.

I repeat: is this a joke?

• No joke, only Garmin. Welcome to Garmin's world.

• the problem is that those of garmin who read this forum know nothing about how the firstbeat algorithms work . To correctly calculate the anaerobic threshold, it is necessary to correctly detect heart rate variability (via strap). Since they tried to fix the fact that the detected threshold was not updating correctly they have screwed up even more. We have a fr955 that currently performs at and possibly less than an entry level 

• I've never got a successful LTHR detection on a test with a HR strap.

Has anyone been successful with getting one with the method from Garmin-Sierra above?

• When I followed the guided test, yes, the values ​​were loaded. However, when I ran the same run as the driven test, the values ​​were not updated. By the way, before the guided test I reset the heart zones recommended in the manual as and checked the "% of maximum" settings

• That's a good video. Shows the problems exactly.

• Hey Sierra, thanks for you reply.

However im really confused now. I got updates of my LHT since I got my 955 and also since ever with my 255 AUTOMATICALLY. 

Since January however I get no updates at all after any of my runs. So can you confirm that the AUTOMATIC UPDATE OF LHT AFTER TRAINING RUNS is not available anymore?! That would be a huge disappointment as I'm not planning to incorporate LHT test runs in my regular training calendar.

I hope I misunderstood and you're still working on a way to bring back auto LHT updates after runs. Or do you want me now to open another thread with the issue of not having the auto LHT update since months? You can find many users in this thread here not getting updates since many months...

Greetings, 

marc

• I can support Mark point of view. I too had my LTH constantly and automatically update till 21 of January this year with the setup you mentioned. Since then no more auto update...I do think it is not necessary to start a new tread for the same bug, please investigate deeply in this and find a solution....already 2 months old.