This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

More FW rev 13.22 Battery Weirdness

So I started seeing excessive battery drain when I upgraded from 13.15 to 13.21 (see this post) and thought that 13.22 fixed it as I saw the battery drain return to 4-5%/day in smartwatch mode. That was Thursday 12/1. Last night  I noticed the battery had drained more than I thought it should have (3% vs 1-2% for the same time) but thought nothing of it. However this afternoon I checked the battery and am now seeing about a 1% drop every 1.5-2 hours. 

I don't expect the battery's discharge rate to be linear (currently at 55%). But that kind of jump is crazy!

So I have hard reset the 955 in hopes that whatever was running in the background has stopped. Will update this thread in a few hours.

• Battery life is far from what it promises. With no activity and in flight mode, the watch consumes at least 13% per 24 hours. With some use already over 16-17%. The development still has to work on that.

• The same in my 955 not solar, is consuming 13% a day without non-GPS activity, hopefully soon Fix this bug. 

• My battery usage has been pretty consistent since the old FW. About 0.3 - 0.5% per hour.

Spo2 = night, BT = ON, Wifi = OFF, Watch face = stock

• for the most part, i've been super pleased with battery performance on my 955 which i've had since June. after months of solid performance, i stopped really paying attention to my battery in spite of resetting my battery log (Flipstone's glance) every time charge the watch to 100%. however, recently,i had a suspicion that since 13.21/22 that my battery consumption has gone up. using the Big Easy watch face, i was seeing about 6.5%/day consumption with BT=on, wifi, Pulsox,  =off...and that seemed to go up a fair bit. upon my last recharge cycle, i saw nearly 9% consumed for the first 24 hours. i did a hard reboot (15 second power off held), and it seems things are closer to what i was before. using Flipstone's battery glance, i have consumed 45% in 4.2days. within those 4.2 days, i logged 4 hours of All Satellites GPS mode running with minimal solar. so that bring that down to 33% over 4.2 days which is 7.8%. if i neglect the first day, then its 3.2days with 24% which is still 7.5%/day which a bit higher than what i previously experienced.

in short, i do think consumption is higher for 13.22. i didn't notice any such thing all the way through 13.15beta  so something appears to have changed moving to the release version of FW13.

it's not earth plummeting battery performance but disappointing relative to what i was seeing before.

• Hi! I am not sure it is the same problem, but today in the morning my watch was dead. When I plugged it to the wall charger, it turned out that the watch was completely discharged. I checked the battery level before I went to bed and it was above 20%. I did not even have any activity yesterday. I don’t understand how it could die in a single evening considering that it was in night mode and I also turned on flight mode. Anyone having the same issue?

• DId you turn off the watch after the FW installation? 

• Yes, I am on 13.22 for about two weeks now. 

• yes, but did you actually power off the watch after the installation of the FW? In most cases the reason for the sudden powerusage is due to not turning off the watch (press-and-hold-the-light-button) and turn of the watch.

Having said that, I, myself have noticed that I now have a powerusage of 5-7% pr. 24 hours which is way more than earlier.

• Maybe I was not clear enough. :) Yes, I did. I did actually turn off and on the watch after installing the new firmware. I always do a soft reset after each update.