This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta - Forerunner 945 5.09 now available!

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. You can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)
  • Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Added support for Bouldering and Indoor Climb activity profiles.
  • Added support for Grit and Flow features for mountain biking activities. Grit measures the overall difficulty of a ride, and Flow measures how well you maintain your speed throughout the ride.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3114.GCD and 006B310705.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3114-604.GCD and the 006B310705-440.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • Version changes:
    GPS 4.40 -> 4.60
    CIQ 3.2.0 -> 3.2.1
    BMX 0.9.0 -> 1.0.2
    WHR 0.09.20 -> 1.00.02
    Sensor Hub 6.04 -> 7.02

So maybe the WHR implementation was last time around new one and it wasn't missing 2.

• Installed without problems. I will check on field tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed for Sleeping Widget!

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities.

Are recommendations based on 7 day / 4wk load or do they take other inputs into consideration (like maybe this improved recovery data)? What I’m getting at is if I wear the watch 24/7 will it give different (better?) suggestions compared to only wearing the watch for workouts?

• Garmin should look into releasing beta firmware for APAC version. It is ridiculous that I have to wait months for a new firmware update and I have yet to receive an update for 5.00

• I don't mind waiting for a bug free release for the APAC version.

But not too long wait though Stuck out tongue winking eye

• Those who have installed, does it seem to address the "only one CIQ field possible" bug?

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. You can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)

a great function, I look forward to further workout suggestions, because I train duathlon like, hope i get good suggestions, for today i got a base suggestion for bike or run, because yesterday i did a hard vo2max interval run.

Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.

Former Member

how this will work with Physio True Up when your second device (Edge 830) haven't this new feature?
    Do it come on Edge 830 too?

• Is the Track Mode also working on a 350m Track?

• Still no e-bike profile? :( has to use custom activity and then manualy change in strava or i get lots of KOMs on bike trails :(