This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta - Forerunner 945 5.09 now available!

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. You can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)
  • Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Added support for Bouldering and Indoor Climb activity profiles.
  • Added support for Grit and Flow features for mountain biking activities. Grit measures the overall difficulty of a ride, and Flow measures how well you maintain your speed throughout the ride.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3114.GCD and 006B310705.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3114-604.GCD and the 006B310705-440.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • Features are working well, but the battery drain is noticeably high. Not sure what the issue is but want to flag 

• I absolutely love the track activity mode in the new 5.09 update. But only noticed on my run that my battery was 10% and dropped down to 5% after a mile on the track.  I remember that before installing the update(2 hrs ago) it was over 90% I thought at first the battery drain was due to the installation update but then noticed that it happened again.. and quickly, i had got back from my run with charge of around 60% then around 2 hrs  later the watch beeped at me saying it was at 10% charge. I have never had such a fast drain before any update before the manual 5.09 update.  I was so excited to have Garmin finally be able to get accurate track measurements but will have to switch back to the 5.0 and hope the battery goes back to normal.     

• Are the following elevation things also fixed (but just not mentioned in the change log; fixed for like for Fenix 5/6, Chronos, Marq series in the latest beta fw update)?

• Fixed an issue where the device would fail to load the elevation plot when navigating to a POI.
    • Fixed an issue where the elevation plot would intermittently get doubled while navigating.

Thanks

• Any idea about when will this update be available for the public?

• before downgrading (and this means a full reset of the watch) i'd first try a hard reset (press and hold left upper button for around 15sec until watch turns off) then charge it to 100%. i once had a high battery drain - hardreset fixed it.

• cool, tried hard reset followed by charge to 100% and seems to be still holding at 98% for two hours still, was down to 10% in under two hours last time. thank you. juh82

• This Firmware is totally great, everything works fine for me, especially the suggested daily workouts is a bomb, thanks Garmin! PunchRaised hands

• Never worth it installing a beta. People have issues with the full releases from Garmin. Why risk an unstable beta? Sounds like a nightmare customizing old options...

• I've installed every beta since acquiring the FR945 and enjoy using the improvements ahead of the next stable release. Not much risk as I see it.

• Stryd App don’t work! I cannot use my stryd if I don’t have a hard reset and lost all my metrices?