This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta - Forerunner 945 5.09 now available!

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. You can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)
  • Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Added support for Bouldering and Indoor Climb activity profiles.
  • Added support for Grit and Flow features for mountain biking activities. Grit measures the overall difficulty of a ride, and Flow measures how well you maintain your speed throughout the ride.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3114.GCD and 006B310705.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3114-604.GCD and the 006B310705-440.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • thats the one I was hoping for too!

• Strange, I did a tempo run yesterday and a few other runs previous to that but I only see "Complete at least two outdoor running activites with heart rate" when I try to see suggested workouts. Did a short run this morning after updating, will do another tonight and see if suggested workout then starts to function properly.

Cycling suggested workout also require the use of a power meter. So unless you use a power meter on all your bikes it will be inaccurate.

Unclear whether suggested training takes other types of training into account. Let's say I do a tough Swim/run session in the morning and then in the evening I plan to do a cycling training. Will the suggested cycling trainng take those workouts into consideration? Or will it only base it on the same type of activity?

This given that I also have done several bike sessions (MTB without power meter) the last couple of days and it says I need to do at least two cycling trainings with power meter to be able to provide a suggested training. If it doesn't take non-power meter workouts into account it will not be very useful (around 50% of my bike rides are with power meter as I use it on my road bike).

The updated (improved) oHR unfortunately also seems, for me, to be less accurate than previoulsy. Was working fine earlier and now I got a way too high reading when walking (150 bpm when it should have been around 90 bpm). However, only one oHR test so far... luckily I always use a belt when exercising.

• Cycling suggested workout also require the use of a power meter. So unless you use a power meter on all your bikes it will be inaccurate.

or Heartbeat for cycling, you can change it in the options of the suggested workout (target type), for running you have the possibilty for pace or HR related!

• you can change the Lanes (1-9) and Auto Lap is configured for 1600m in the Options, i think, it's possible when you change the distance there, but who knows

• I have the same problem on 5.0 FW. Full reset of activity and rearagment of fields helped. But... some times after start instead of CIQ I saw stopper.

• Strange, mine had suggestions immediately after update in both cycling and running.

• Waiting for this one for so long.

• I always thought APAC had a different release cycle because they have to provide a slightly different GPS datum for that region (which is a little different to the rest of the world), requiring additional Q/A.

• Creo que Garmin está haciendo un trabajo extraordinario. Muchas gracias por estas nuevas características. Es una gran evolución.

Personalmente prefiero esperarme a la versión oficial, ya que soy muy torpe para gestionar archivos y carpetas por cuenta propia. 

Deseando la nueva versión. Gracias Garmin. 

• Creo que Garmin está haciendo un trabajo extraordinario. Muchas gracias por estas nuevas características. Es una gran evolución.

Personalmente prefiero esperarme a la versión oficial, ya que soy muy torpe para gestionar archivos y carpetas por cuenta propia. 

Deseando la nueva versión. Gracias Garmin.