This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • I have the same issue.

Found that it seems to lock on to the run cadence. The WHR and cadence is pretty much spot on after 10 min.

Been in contact with the Swedish support and they suggested a soft reset and repair with the phone. Both gave no change or improvement :( 

• I have yet to receive a 5.00 firmware update. Is the firmware update still in the process of rolling out?

• Same here! It seems the update is out for a month, when will it reach my watch?

• receiving the following error message

SYNC FAILED

Filetransfererror notenoughspace 

Any advice on how to resolve this error please?

• I make a OWS activity with my coach. I used my FR 945 e she used your FR 935.

My activity tracker recorded 1700mt, but I swimin by smaller distance. My coach swiming by a larger distance, and your FR 935 tracker record 1000mt

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5602327700

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5602285612

• What about an Android Garmin Connect update?

Android Garmin Connect Phone App Improvements and Flaws

1. Insight Widget

a. After clicking on Read More and clicking Yes or No

1. It doesn't indicate whether my choice was saved to the database and allows me to continue choosing Yes or No after closing the widget and reopening the widget.  

b. More / Different Insights

1. I currently only see insights for step count. And it's rare...

2. What about insights for increasing vo2 max (when is the next milestone, am I close to increasing, what workouts would help improve)

3. Insights for suggested workouts, workouts that will help increase my fitness level or recovery workouts, low aerobic or anaerobic workouts.

2. Respiration Widget   - My HRM Data should override Wrist Watch Data

a. This widget's data is only based on watch metrics.  I have a Garmin HRM, and when I run it's reading that my respiration rate is ~35 but the Garmin Connect widget is reporting that my respiration rate is ~20.  It's inaccurate and not reporting the proper data. 

3. Heart Rate Widget  - My HRM Data should override Wrist Watch Data

a. This might be doing the same as the Respiration Widget.  I haven't verified because I only see one metric. 

4. When viewing an activity, lets say a run for example.  

a. I wish I had a screen where I could follow a dot on the map and view a running metric (cadence, hr, vert osc)

1. Sort of like the website allows me to do.  

5. Give the ability to evaluate how well each day went, sort of like evaluating how an activity went.  Good - Bad Day, Notes, Food, ect. 

Love the watch!  Thanks!

• APAC version here just gotten the update for 5.

• Just in time for me to be frustrated that I can't access the Grit and Flow metrics from 5.09. D'oh. 

Slight smile

• My HR DATA is not recording- how do I fix this