This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • Did you try doing a hard reset of the watch after the update (hold power/light button until the watch fully powers off, it's like 15 seconds or so)? I've gotten into the habit of doing this anytime I install firmware updates and did this last night immediately after installation the update completed and the watch finished booting the first time after software install.

I was able to edit several activity profiles which already had two CIQ data fields and update them (from Timer fields) to the correct ones without having to add / delete screens; this is on screens with layouts from 1 to 6 datafields present. The CIQ data fields I set without issue were:

• Stryd Zones
    • Humon Interval
    • Estimate Body Temp (by Garmin)
  • Yikes, 50% battery drain with half a day of non-use. Might still be a few things to sort out with this one.

• No, it’s still a thing. I received the update last night and had to go through multiple activity profiles to replace timers with the correct CIQ data fields.

installed 5.00 now, checked my datafields where i had probs in 4.87 Beta, but they are still OK, nothing to do for me!

• have you done the hard reset after installing the beta? usually this cures battery drain. i've received the update yesterday evening, right after it was announced :D - and until now drain is normal...

• Ok tried a 15sec reset, edit a field on a 3 field display,  pick CIQ, watch reboots. Tried adding a new single field, pick CIQ, pick the one i want, and all i get is a timer field - can't add a second CIQ field

• I’ve noticed that when connected to the bike trainer wrist based heart rate disappeared. I didn’t have my chest strap to check if that connected. I tested this during the activity and turning off the trainer sensor and hr was displayed again. Turning the trainer sensor back on dropped the hr reading again. 

• Noticed the same. Found that it flashed the current field. Tried pressing up and down buttons and nothing changed so... I pressed the start button and then I was able to set a different field. 
    weird way of doing things didn’t seem to make sense or be obvious but it worked. 

• When I looked at the watch this morning I almost couldn't believe it, 98% battery still available after 12 hours of use (after FW upgrade to 5.00), which is absolutely the best battery consumption I have ever seen on this watch NerdSunglasses

• yeah - there's either something fishy with the widget :D - or - the consumption was definitely improved. i see a 0.054%/h and that is an all time low, at least after >12h of standby. i usually don't pay attention to this, but if it's true, garmin did a great job!!!

• With the stock face?