This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • you can disable the smart trainer device (has Trainer within the name) in the Sensors & accessories menu or from the same menu you can remove it

• What kind of activities did you use until now with 5.00?

Did you go for indoor swimming, and did it count the pool lengths? For me it didn't count any lane at all when doing that (4.40 worked fine before, and after the downgrade).

Do you also use 3rd party sensors like H10 or Stryd?

As i already wrote 5.0 for me was a total mess, so im a little wondered hearing you calling it "totally great".

• running with Stryd
    outdoor cycling with Vector 3 / Speed Cadence Sensor 2 / Varia RTL511
    indoor cycling with Vector 3 / Tacx Neo 2

HRM Dual for cycling / HRM Run for Running

no swimming yet, only during off Season sometimes!

• besides pool swimming (still closed here in my hometown - so i haven't tried) - can't complain about fw 5.00; i've used it for ows, indoor ride connected to smart trainer profile with fe-c, connected to several pm's + regular polar h10 or run with runscribe pods - all work great (at least for me...)

• I would really like the recovery statistics feature back where it was please - don't want to have to press lots of buttons to get to it...

My HR monitor went mental for a few days - thanks for fixing that!

• Does this firmware allow to perform a FTP test on a smart trainer ?

I would like to try (Elite Nero) but the weather is always "perfect" and I am better outside ;-)

• WHR sensor of my FR 945 stopped working. WHR, BMX and Sensor hub shows version 0.0. When connected to the garmin express it shows that a sw update available, installed it again and again without success. Downgrading didn't help either. I see someone had similar issue 7 months ago but don't see any solve for it. Any ideas? Any way I can get updates for those three that I can apply manually?

• How was it fixed?  My resting wrist hr is messed up.

• Sent a request to support to look into it as it correlated with the 5.0 update, or at least appeared to - they haven't replied or confirmed they've fixed it, but there were some mysterious updates sent to my watch (that I only noticed briefly before they were auto applied) - wrist HR going to 150 in 2 mins and 185 within 10 minutes of a very gently run haven't recurred. Might be worth dropping them a line...

• Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.

It would be nice to have some instruction on how to use this. I've updated my watch to v5.0, downloaded a workout with videos of how to do exercise, but only see the text notes. Is there a data screen that needs to be added? How do I tell whether the workout I've downloaded is even compatible?