This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • I guess I am just more calloused than most in that I can ignore most of the nonsense the watch spits out at me.
    Thanks for the speculation on my opinion.

I'm not sure what it is you think I was speculating about or why it may have offended you?  My comment was based on what you said, not anything anyone speculated about you.

• im getting crazy battery drain issues too!!!

• happened to me too. and when ni tried to go back and add in (using stryd data fields). When i tried too if i went past the first field option it would freeze the entire watch and would have to force power off and start all over again.

• I got the 5.00 software update for my 945 between 22 and 23 Aug. From the 23 Aug onward the accelerometer isn't functioning - so no steps, no swim stroke data. With the standard Garmin 'clock' watch face that I have always used, the second hand disappears within 5 sec of returning to the face. And on 26 Aug, with good satellite acquisition prior to start, it didn't track any swim distance for first 300m (likely tied to having no stroke input). I have done a couple hard resets...no change. Is this the software update or a failed watch...or both?

• No sleep data either since the 23 Aug with the accelerometer not functioning...no doubt other features I don't use too.

• Right, I spoke too soon I guess. Yesterday my 945 kept loosing connection with my Polar H10 strap during my run. Several times...

Anyone else!? Maybe it’s my H10 battery? More likely to be another 945 issue though...

So disappointing...

• I can confirm the issues with the accelerometer. When i went indoor swimming after the update to 5.00 the watch counted zero distance. I also have connectivity issues with my Polar H10 also as with my Stryd and my Form Goggles. The watch reboots sometimes when using CIQ Datafields from Stryd or Form.

I finally downgraded back to 4.40 today and hope this multiple issues get fixed soon.

• Hi Gents, how could I unpair my 945 with the indoor bike smart trainer? I paired but I didn’t like the function, the HR is not showing on the watch status page. I'm using a Tacx Flux S2900. Thks!

Carlos.

• I'm not sure what it is you think I was speculating about or why it may have offended you?  My comment was based on what you said, not anything anyone speculated about you.

I guess, again, thanks for the speculation?  Not sure why you thought I was offended, maybe read my post again.

• short Feedback, this firmware 5.0 release is totally great, everything is really working fine for me!