This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OHR incorrect on the widget when doing indoor Bike

Hi, 

I don't know if this was something that garmin know, but i think that's a BUG. 

Yesterday i was zwifting, using a Scosche Rhythm+, on my right pulse connected to the PC as i always do. On my left arm, i had the Garmin 945, without recording the activity, but showing the HR widget.

On the Zwift i was doing about 120HR, the watch on the widget show about 80...

When i start recording the activity on the watch (using the OHR, the Scosche Rhythm+ was not paired to the watch), the watch HR start reading correctly and showing values on par with the Schoshe. 

Why is this happening, what is the difference on the watch OHR, from outside activity to inside, that don't allow a correct reading when not recording an activity?

Former Member is this a know bug? Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

• Some people like myself record our cycling activity with a chest HRM connected to an Edge while wearing the watch. So it is superfluous to record the activity with the watch at the same time. The HR looks okay when I review the recorded activity from the Edge showing the chest HRM data. But in the daily summary it is way off because it only shows the OHR data from the passive watch.

• Had the same issue broadcasting to an erg.  heart rate absolutely fine on my 945 when running, rowing and doing anything else as long as i'm recording the activity on the watch.  But if only broadcasting, heart rate didn't go above 100 when I in reality was sitting around 180.  Garmin - when will this get fixed?

• I have the same issue too, broadcasting to Edge 530. It is a total mess - chest strap is reporting 150ish and optical HRM is reporting sub 100. All the numbers, training effects, etc. is off and there goes the whole value of the top of the line Garmin... Extremely frustrating.

My only solution so far is to record on the watch as well and turn on broadcasting while recording to get more accurate data out, then not saving the one on the watch. It seems the new firmware is suppressing the raw numbers to deal with another bug they had recently, namely reporting "abnormal heart rate" when I was just seating at my desk. Either way, this is really sad and unpleasant situation.

• Had the same issue
    I have the same issue too

Which sensor hub do you have at the moment? 

• latest - i.e. 3.20

• Still a problem for me.  I don't really want to record on the watch for these, and it would be okay if it took the synced HR data from zwift, but it doesn't.  The stats in connect are completely useless.