This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery life

Looking into the FIT files generated during activities and I'm seeing some worrying data

Runs with chest strap and GPS + Glonass are running at 2% per thirty minutes 

Runs with OHR and Music are running at 7% per thirty minutes

Giving a battery life of 18 hours and 7 hours respectively - compared to 36 and 10 as advertised.

Are others seeing this?

• Maybe give it a power cycle and see if that helps.  My drain has seemed normal today after charging (only charged to around 30% as well).

• Yeah I powered down when it got to 9% about an hour ago, and rebooted and it's been sitting at 9% ever since.  When I'm back home I'll charge it back up and expect all to be good.

I'm glad I'm getting all these bugs ironed out and not having it do all this in a race!

• What are you using to parse the fit files?  I install the SDK but haven't gotten around to changing the code example to show the battery info ( which is stored as a sub-field) so looking to see if something is already around ( as I'm lazy!)

• Thanks loaruns and Joel - understand.  But strangely the battery usage slowed again.  1% for 7.5hrs then 6% for 7.5hrs during the night then 2% for the next 10 hrs (no setting changes).  I noticed some very strange things with the watch eg. suddenly the HR Led's would start flashing (sometimes even in patterns - 5 second flash 2 seconds no flashing and pattern repeating).  Anyway, I'm now running 2.50 and it seems more robust - no strange LED flashes and who knows whatever else.  Last 24hrs have used 5% battery - activity tracking + watch only.  That is similar to my Fenix 5.  I'll continue to monitor.  In a couple of weeks, I am doing a 100km run so I'll see how the battery life goes with that long GPS real-world test.

• I can give some real-word result from yesterday:

6h trail race with GPS+Glonass+Stryd+OHR with FW2.5:  97%->71%

For me that's absolutely fine. I don't race much longer ;-)

I don't know how well this can be extrapolated because since my Fenix 5+ experiences I don't have much trust in the battery gauge.

• My battery life is roughly 1 day with all sensors enabled and occasional music-playback.

• I just wanted to throw out another battery update for anyone interested. Ran an ultra yesterday. On latest firmware V 2.5. I left the house at 6 am with 100% charge connected to HRMtri. Race started at 7am and watch ran for 8hr 47 minutes. Set to one second recording with GPS and Glonass. Lots of tree cover as this was a mountain trail run. No Bluetooth connection to phone so the only sensor connected was the chest strap. I kept the watch on the heart rate page and didn't change it around much at all from there. No back light used at all. I ended the race with 71% battery. So under these circumstances I'm looking at 30 hours all in if consumption kept up. I'm guessing if I used just GPS I could get a few more hours. I never expected 36hrs so I'm content with what I'm seeing at this point.

• Great info thank you.  

• I'd be satisfied with that as well.