This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery life

Looking into the FIT files generated during activities and I'm seeing some worrying data

Runs with chest strap and GPS + Glonass are running at 2% per thirty minutes 

Runs with OHR and Music are running at 7% per thirty minutes

Giving a battery life of 18 hours and 7 hours respectively - compared to 36 and 10 as advertised.

Are others seeing this?

• Looks like I was over excitted - That 0.18% was after 4hrs.  After 24 hrs battery use rate back up to 0.38%/hr - bummer.  I've now loaded 2.48 beta.   I've set the backlight to only operate after sunset.    By the way I think the on wrist detection (LEDs flashing) logic may have changed in 2.48.  The detection (LED) seems to be off unless the "wallet" is used.  This has to save power.  Will report after 24hrs.

• Installed the beta SW and now I am at 3% per day in watch only mode with wrist HR enabled.

It seems that is(was) a SW issue and not a HW issue.

• Mine really went crazy last night. I woke up about 12am and noticed that the battery percentage had dropped about 8% in about 3 hours time. I left it be and looked again around 3am and it had burned another 8%. I restarted the watch and this morning at 6am it had only burned an additional 1% which is about .33% per hour and is in line with normal for this watch so far. Safe to say I had to charge because my battery was already getting towards 25% when I went to bed last night. Very strange how it did that. 

SA

• Hi georgiawx - my 945 did a very similar thing.  Even after loading 2.48.  Charged to 100% at 3pm and only down to 99% at 10:30pm - I was pretty happy with that.  Then when I looked at 6am this morning it was down to 93%.  I mean to say what's going on !   During the 7.5hrs awake time it used 1% then 7.5hrs sleep time it used 6% !   And I had it off my wrist while I was asleep with bluetooth off and 'sleep pulse Ox' off.  Very strange indead - maybe we are missing something.  I bought the 945 because I wanted a watch to last 28hrs or so in GPS mode - I run 100 mile races.

• Mine is quite nonlinear immediately after a charge. The first 2-3% of battery (100% to 98%) are much more like 4-6%.

• Anyone have any feedback on this?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to loaruns

You'll find that the watch is drawing the same current, but the voltage initially drops quite slowly from a full change on a brand new battery, thus the algorithm reporting percentage charge giving you what you feel is anomalous readings for the first few hours.

• So my 945 did something whacky apparently overnight.

I set it on the bathroom counter for the night at about 86% battery.

Woke this morning and checked it around 6am and it was 6%!

When I picked it up and pressed the button it notified me that FW 2.50 had been installed (and some other update that I don't recall).  So I'm guessing that the FW update process significantly drained the battery?

• I saw a really similar event last night - battery went from like 75% to dead overnight.  Upon charging/powering up I had a notice that "Bluetooth was Updated".  I was already on FW 2.50, so probably not directly related to that upgrade for me.

• I put it on the charger and before I left the house it had gotten up to 30%+.  Now 2.5 hours later I'm down to 13%.  Something is not right!