This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery life

Looking into the FIT files generated during activities and I'm seeing some worrying data

Runs with chest strap and GPS + Glonass are running at 2% per thirty minutes 

Runs with OHR and Music are running at 7% per thirty minutes

Giving a battery life of 18 hours and 7 hours respectively - compared to 36 and 10 as advertised.

Are others seeing this?

• The specs actually say 'up to'. You might be able to get close to those numbers with some very carefully selected settings (that means no GLONASS, no maps, no backlight, no alerts, no bluetooth, etc.), but in real life you'd do well if you get 75% of them. .

Ps: 100% / (2% + 2%) = 25 hours on my calculator. How did you get 18?

• Have you tried seeing how long the device actually, lasts, not just extrapolating from 30 minutes, or even a couple hours?  I'm not saying it won't continue to drain like this, but really can't extrapolate with confidence.  The Edge 130 got a lot of complaints that it used up 50% battery in a couple hours.  But the accuracy of the battery gauge was off and it still had 80% or more of the battery remaining when it showed 50%.  

I'd recommend seeing how long it lasts from 100% before it turns off if battery is an issue for you.  That said, music and the new OHR sensor are definitely battery hogs.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

50' walk, 50' brake, 50' walk

just the watch and OHR nothing else

data from the fit file, strange that the 50' brake used 0% (buggy ?)

• 24-25 hours is what i’ve got with NO everything just 1 sec GPS recording on 40 hours run. 36 promised hours was the main reason I ordered the watch. Cable connector to the watch is total disaster for charging on the go.

• I'm just here to contribute some personal experience information I got. I think close to 36 hours is possible but it's best case scenario under perfect conditions. I think 30 is more reasonable under average circumstances. I ran the navigation app from insider my house, with ohr on and the map left on the watch face. It ran for 13 hours and drained 38% battery. Most of the 1 hour runs I've done with it will drain about 3% with HRMtri and gps-glonass. I recently ran a 55 mile ultra and I used the navigate a course function to help avoid getting lost. I used GPS and glonass and had the hrmtri connected, nothing else. The watch ran for 12h and 42 minutes and ended at 48% left having left the house that morning @ 100% @2am and started running at 4 am. I think excess drain here came from using the course navigation as well as rendering the map. I had to check the map numerous times to verify turns and find my way onto the appropriate trails. That being said I'm just throwing this info out there so other people can see some more real world data. I've got a few more longer Ultras coming up this season that'll test the battery even more and I'll be sure to check back in with those results. 

• On factory firmware 2.10 battery life looks perfect for me. 4%/h during activity with GPS, 1 second recording and HRM-RUN via ANT+. In watch mode 1%/3h also looks really good :)

• I have problems with the battery. in the 935 having the HR sensor turned off and doing sports every day it lasted 1 week and in 945 having all the sensors off it lasted 1 or 2 days.

• 4% per hour gets you 25 hours, not 36 though

• Read the wrong field, on a cycle I get 5% burnt per hour - GPS & GLONAS

• 30 minute run today GPS + GLONAS, no music. HRM-RUN on

Timestamp BatteryLevel
    27/05/2019 07:55:44 0.67
    27/05/2019 08:00:44 0.66
    27/05/2019 08:05:44 0.66
    27/05/2019 08:10:44 0.65
    27/05/2019 08:15:44 0.65
    27/05/2019 08:20:44 0.65
    27/05/2019 08:25:44 0.64