This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

15.19: LTH still doesn't sync with GC

I just did a run with the 15.19 update and the watch detected a new lactate threshold which I accepted. However, after syncing with Garmin Connect, the new threshold did not show up in the app. 

So as far as I my case is concerned we are back to square one with this whole LTH mess.

Im still firmly convinced this has something to do with the presence of both a general heart rate and various "sport heart rates" for running, cycling and swimming on the watch.

I noticed that on the watch, the new threshold was automatically entered to the "Sports Heart Rate" for "Running", but the general LTH failed to update on the watch and still showed the old value. What's curious, the max heart rate is correctly updated both in the "running" and in the general category, but the LTH is not.

Since Garmin Connect doesn't even seem to be able do distinguish between or display different heart rates / LTHs for different sports, it takes the data from the general HR / LTH, which is not being properly updated on the watch.

I did an experiment now and removed the running, cycling and swimming heart rate from the watch, leaving only the general one. I will observe what happens the next time I get a LTH update.

Anyone else is experiencing this problem even after updating to 15.19?

• Yes, same problem here. Last record was at 12. May, on SW 15.15. Next week with SW 15.17, and now on SW 15.19  I got it on the watch, but no record on garmin connect. Really bad.

• Thank you for confirming I am not alone with this. Just to be sure I understood correctly, the GC synchronisation worked with 15.12 - 15.17 and stopped working on 15.19? I have read a similar report from another user on the 955 forum. 

This is quite frankly embarrassing for Garmin.

can you please investigate.

• 15.15 was the last working version that transferred LT/pace data to GC. I do Fridays intervals with a chest strap and get every time an LT update. I'm not sure now, was it the watch FW or an GC update that destroyed the transfer.  

• Ar least you ppl are getting actual LTHR readings. I wear a chest strap all the time, and used to get LTHR updates every few runs. I've had the 255 for several months, and no matter how hard I run, it never gives me a LTHR. What's the trick?

• Yes, my wife is experiencing the same problem with her 255 running 15.19. It worked using 15.12 and 15.13, but won't sync the updated LT data with Garmin Connect anymore. I'm having the same issue with my 955 on 15.19 as well - many posts in the 955 forum experiencing the same thing.  You aren't alone. 

• I can't believe we are back to square one with this:

2022: LTH transfer to GC doesn't work for most users, after many months Garmin supposedly fixes it

Jan 2023: Turns out that in the process of fixing GC synchronisation of LTH, Garmin destroyed LTH auto detection on the watch.

Jan - May 2023: LTH auto detection on the watch does not work for several months

May 2023: Garmin finally releases a new FW that fixes the LTH auto detection, but it turns out that GC synchronisation of LTH is borked again

This is a parody. Silly me for getting my hopes up for the new FW after the prolongued beta phase for 15.XX. You can't fix incompetence.

• Is there even anyone who can actually confirm that they succesfully synchronized their new LTH with Garmin Connect using 15.19?

• My watch detected LTH using 15.15 and it was correctly synchronized in Garmin Connect... I have not any new LTH detection on 15.19 yet.

• same here.. Have done multiple lactate threshold tests as well with chest strap and have gotten updates on the watch but when I go to check my zones it has nothing there

• I just did a threshold run. The watch detected a new LTH value (well, not new, the same it found a month ago during a guided test). The value was successfuly synchronized to Garmin Connect.

I'm not using any sport specific HR zones, so maybe that's why it showed up correctly?