This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

15.19: LTH still doesn't sync with GC

I just did a run with the 15.19 update and the watch detected a new lactate threshold which I accepted. However, after syncing with Garmin Connect, the new threshold did not show up in the app. 

So as far as I my case is concerned we are back to square one with this whole LTH mess.

Im still firmly convinced this has something to do with the presence of both a general heart rate and various "sport heart rates" for running, cycling and swimming on the watch.

I noticed that on the watch, the new threshold was automatically entered to the "Sports Heart Rate" for "Running", but the general LTH failed to update on the watch and still showed the old value. What's curious, the max heart rate is correctly updated both in the "running" and in the general category, but the LTH is not.

Since Garmin Connect doesn't even seem to be able do distinguish between or display different heart rates / LTHs for different sports, it takes the data from the general HR / LTH, which is not being properly updated on the watch.

I did an experiment now and removed the running, cycling and swimming heart rate from the watch, leaving only the general one. I will observe what happens the next time I get a LTH update.

Anyone else is experiencing this problem even after updating to 15.19?

• I have auto-detect for Max HR and Threshold both set to "on" and under my User Profile on the watch, I can see Heart Rate values as well as Sport Heart Rate value for running specifically. These values are set by the watch and I have never entered the values manually. FWIW, the LT HR value under running Sport Heart Rate " matches the LH HR value auto-detected by the watch yesterday.

• I was never asked to accept the new LT values. I just saw that they had been updated on my watch after my running session. My run was not a guided LT run, but a 10K run with increasing heart rate and speed. 

• My run was a 30 minute progression run with increasing heart rate and pace, I was wearing the HRM strap. It was not the Guided Test. It's interesting that you were not asked to accept new LH values while I was asked.

• I was also wearing a chest heart rate strap (Garmin HRM Pro). There was a minor change detected in maximum heart rate, and I was asked to accept that, but no mention about the new lactate threshold values.

• Hmmm, IIRC, the watch showed new values for LT HR, pace & also power which I accepted, there was no mention of maximum HR.

• Hi,

Today my watch detected a new lactate threshold with 15.19 firmware, and it was successfully synced with GC.

I use a chest strap, and my heart rate zones are configured as a HRR% (I use the default HR zones, not sport-specific ones), with max HR detection disabled, and for the resting HR it is used the weekly average.

In the past I had many troubles with HR zones configuration resetting after each activity, but finally it settled up, not sure why or how  (that was way before the last firmware update).

Best,
       Kurt.-

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 10 months ago

I have the same problem with 15.19. I did my first guided threshold level test and the 255 Music shows me the heart beat (162) and the pace. The GC app shoes a slightly higher value and no pace. So I assume nothing was updated.

• I'm also on 15.19. My HR Zones are set to %LTHR under Running (Sport Heart Rate). I have always had both the "LTHR" & "Max HR" set to Auto-detection. It's weird that some of our watches sync with GC but others don't.

• Hi - am also experiencing this problem. 

My lactate threshold hadn't updated since December last year. Did a guided test this afternoon after update to 15.19 and watch offered new LTHR and pace which I accepted. Has updated on the watch (performance widget and running specific sport heart rate zones - not on general heart rate zones) but not on Garmin connect app or web.

Watch - Forerunner 255

Software version - 15.19

Phone - Google Pixel 6 Pro

Country - UK

Connect version - 4.67

• Same problem for me.  I also wear a chest strap.  I’ve never gotten a LTHR.