This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White spot on Garmin Forerunner 245

I bought my Forerunner 245 (no music) in May of this year and have been really happy with the product. However, a big white spot appeared recently and it has not gone away after about 5 days. The spot is even there when the watch is turned off. Is there anything I can do about this?

• So in a way its a high alert for all new buyers in 2019 please get your Garmin replaced asap within warranty period as you might face this issue sooner or later

I understand your frustration and disappointment.  It goes without saying everyone wants their watches to last long after the warranty period, but sometimes sh*t happens.  Garmin is not going to send everyone a new 245 just before the warranty expires based on "just in case".

.I'ma little surprised that Garmin did not share clearly what is the reason for this defective material

You made a couple comments referencing this.  This isn't a problem for everyone.  It may seem that way because of this thread, but compared to overall sales, this is quite minor.  I'm not sure what you're expecting from Garmin.  An official apology because you you were unfortunate enough to have this happen to you?  Again, it's too bad what happened but you're post appear to be accusing Garmin of doing something fraudulent.  Is this your belief?  Garmin intentionally and knowingly used defective materials?

• No one expects apology but Garmin should replace defective units outside warranty because it is clear that it is a serial issue that comes from production error. They are essentially selling faulty product (and no, that does not mean that every watch necessarily has to get this issue) and they should respect that. This isn't something that comes with regular use so that you could say "well of course warranty lasts certain amount of time, everything breaks after prolonged use", this is something that happens seemingly at random and is a design or production issue.

• issue that comes from production error.

You do not know if it's production error or not.  Electronics are notorious for failing for one reason or another.  If it were production error, it could be traced to a specific manufacturing plant, part lot number or assembly line and solved.  

it is clear that it is a serial issue

Show me your reference for the total amount of faulty units vs the total amount of units sold.  If you can't, then you have no evidence the the issue is serial.

They are essentially selling faulty product

There are consumer protection laws in ever country on the planet.  If you or anyone else has evidence that Garmin is selling faulty products, go see a lawyer.  If you're accusations are correct, at a bare minimum you will force a recall of the 245.  If you're right, you have nothing to loose and will only benefit from it.

• Mine just happen last week and its a week after the warranty expired :(
    This is so sad... 

• Mine start small like that... Now it become big circle spot....

• This is so sad...

I agree 100% and would feel the same way. What I wouldn't do is expect a company to replace an item after warranty unless it was proven to be a controllable fault since it was my decision to make that purchase knowing all bets are off after 366 days.  As I said earlier, we all want and expect our watches to last much longer than the warranty, but sometimes it's not the case.

• Hi, I reported issue with my watch to the Garmin support almost two weeks ago and no response from it. What a horrible service for such an expensive product Disappointed

• I got the same problem overnight. Got mine watch in march 2020. 

• Help--I have had my Garmin 245 since last September (up graded after a FAILED Garmin Vivoactive 3 not working properly)--this spot appeared last night and it is soooo frustrating to spend over $300 plus on a watch that is LESS THAN A YEAR OLD and it has issues. What is wrong with GARMIN!!! I think this will be the last of 6 in my running lifetime. What can I do????? 

• Did you ever get an answer from Garmin? Mine is about 10 months in the making and just developed what everyone else has...I sent in a notice to Customer service and will see what they say.