This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White spot on Garmin Forerunner 245

I bought my Forerunner 245 (no music) in May of this year and have been really happy with the product. However, a big white spot appeared recently and it has not gone away after about 5 days. The spot is even there when the watch is turned off. Is there anything I can do about this?

• Sadly I got the same issue as well. My watch is less than a year old. The spot seems to grow.

• White spot also appeared on my watch 2 weeks ago, I brought my watch to local Garmin support and got a new watch couple of days later. It sucks that there is apparently a possible issue with these watches and it does concern me if it happens after my warranty expires, but I do like how Garmin quickly handled this case. I've had issues with many products of various manufacturers over the years and often it was a struggle to get adequate support.

• Bummer.  My 245 developed a really big white spot - could not read the data!  Garmin support offered a new watch, but the place where I purchased it not very long ago, offered  a full credit.  So, I took that.  I am waiting for the Garmin 955 to come out.  I didn't want another 245 with this common problem hanging out there.  Hope the new models come out soon!

• Exactly the same happened to me yesterday and my 12 months gaurentee expired yesterday aswell!  I e-mailed Multiplay online-shop, where I purchased last night. 

Hopefully they will assist me?

• I have sent an email via your online form a week ago, still no reaction to it.

• Hello. I submitted a support request via your online form on support.garmin.com. it was a week ago, I got no reply so far Disappointed

• Hi ,

I have similar issue with my FR 245 purchased in May 2019 and I purchased it on garmin official website and got it delivered in Florida .I'm based in India and I'm out of warranty period by just over a month and I'm being charged for replacement .This is not a usage use but rather a product quality .

It is unfair to charge the customer for a quality issue .Like someone has rightly pointed what is the guarantee this is being completely resolved 

• Like someone has rightly pointed what is the guarantee this is being completely resolved 

There are no guarantees with anything.

I'm out of warranty period by just over a month and I'm being charged for replacement .
    It is unfair to charge the customer for a quality issue

I'm not defending Garmin and it sucks what happened to your watch, but it's the customer who chooses to purchase a product and the warranty that comes along with that product.  I would be upset too if my watch failed after 13 months, but it was my choice to buy a watch with a 1 year guarantee and I can't put blame on anyone for my choices.

• Well this a huge high opener indeed,for everyone .I used Garmin 310 xt which I bought as well through Garmin global website but it is extremely sturdy even till date.At least Garmin can share why did this incident happened with watches mostly FR245 bought in 2019

Garmin warranty policy states the limited warranty period doeso notanot unless it's a product defect due to material and workmanship .Well for that Garmin has to accept it which I doubt they would .

• So I wish this would have happened within warranty period ,in that way it could be replaced free of cost.what an irony  .I'ma little surprised that Garmin did not share clearly what is the reason for this defective material .So in a way its a high alert for all new buyers in 2019 please get your Garmin replaced asap within warranty period as you might face this issue sooner or later