This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White spot on Garmin Forerunner 245

I bought my Forerunner 245 (no music) in May of this year and have been really happy with the product. However, a big white spot appeared recently and it has not gone away after about 5 days. The spot is even there when the watch is turned off. Is there anything I can do about this?

• So what is Garmin telling you? Have they agreed to send you a  warranty replacement? Sounds like the issue is the time it's taking.

• yes, they want to send a new one, but unfortunately is taking a long time (11.12.2019 until now 09.02.2020 no exchange yet). Unfortunately there are no swap devices available in a city like singapore. 

Looks that other users were much more lucky than me. And the swap device will be out of warranty soon when i finally get it.

• Update: I got finally an answer. It looks like the repair centre partner was the problem. Unfortunately it took 4 months :(

///

Sent: Wednesday, 15 April 2020 05:17

Good day to you!

As Mojito has ceased service of Garmin products recently, the ongoing services will be transitioned to Convergent and we have received the replaced unit from Garmin.

///

• Hi Garmin, looks like this white spot issue is common for 245 series, yes i just sent my unit for warranty last 2 days. But unfortunately, the warranty period for the new replacement unit follow back to the previous date of purchase. What is the guarantee from Garmin that this problem will not happen again in future? And that is after the warranty period is over. So user will need to repair on our own cost? For a common defect product on 245 series?

• hi, on my 245M only on the main screen widget "garmin coach" this spot was displayed. is not displayed elsewhere. is it just the wrong widget?

• Hi, my forerunner 245M also developed a white spot in the same area as others shown on here.  My watch is less than 6 months old, I contacted Garmin and they got back to me 1 week later saying that they would send me a refurbished watch when I sent in my watch to them.

NOT OK!  Any advice?  why should I send in my 6mos old watch for an old one that someone else has worn?  Gross.  So disappointed in Garmin when they have a known problem with this dead pixel problem.

What can I do?

• Hi Linda, did Garmin send you a refurbished watch or a brand new one? 
    My forerunner is less that a year old and it developed the white spot.  they offered me a refurbished one,  i don't want some else's germ ridden dirty watch.  They should send me a new one especially since this a well know problem and complaint.

• I've received replacement watches from Garmin. These are refurbished to factory specifications. Indistinguishable from a new one. So it's not like someone's dirty watch. Although, I do understand the initial disappointment.

• I was concerned as well, but honestly I wouldn't worry about the "refurbished" nature of the watch. My FR245M was about 14 months old, and I've lived with an annoyingly loud vibration function for months, and the white spot appeared a couple of weeks ago and seemed to be growing. So I contacted Garmin Support via the chat function on the website on Friday, May 29, and a new (refurbished) FR245M arrived via UPS on Tuesday June 2. It looks/feels/acts like new and performed very well on my run this morning. 

• I have the same near the same spot.