This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.70 restarts after some notifications

Updated yesterday via USB and garmin express and since then, it is randomly restarting after some notifications, already happened 4 times since last night. Anyone else? 

• Yep, It is exactly what I did : downgraded to 2.60 AND turn auto update Off

Just be careful that even if you have auto update off, If you connect the watch to your PC (or Mac) with Garmin express, Then it will try to install the 2.70 anyway....

I no more connect my watch to my Mac, and it is fine, no bug and no autoupdate since.

• you can find in the 2.66 beta pack. 

• Me too..no custom watch face, non-music version. At least 3 restarts a day, losing data every time. 

• Update: 

In the 2 days since I downgraded to the 2.60 firmware, I've not seen a single reboot. I've reinstalled all my third-party faces again and begun using each of them and everything is working perfectly.

How Garmin can't replicate this issue on their end is beyond me. It may have nothing to do with third-party watch faces (in my experience, it does), but it can't be disputed that the 2.70 update has a serious issue somewhere that's causing the reboots. 

I'll remain on the 2.60 firmware until an update is pushed that proves the issue is fixed. For anyone that may do this, also remember to go into settings on the watch after downgrading and turn off auto-update so your watch doesn't reinstall 2.70 later by itself. 

• Back from vacations and back to 2.60, what a comfort it is this firmware, also turned off the auto update... Garmin still forces the 2.70, they should stop right now... 
  • I've had two restarts yesterday, this time directly after the message arrived. First one was a pure text SMS, second one was an emoji-only instant messenger message.

With the second crash I lost about 700 steps that were not synced.

• After downgrade to 2.6 you nedd to set off automatic update in watch (up button for 3sec >> system >> automatic update >> off). I also set off in connect garmin autoupdate for apps

• Good morning,

It's been 16 days since this was first reported in this forum and 10 days since acknowledgement from Garmin and no solution or status yet?

Garmin needs to be doing a better job with customer service/support - this ongoing issue of restarts makes this Smart GPS watch just a dumb GPS watch.  I had one of those 7 years ago...

• Reboot also ocurred today with Notification Privacy set to Gesture. 

I've now disabled notifications entirely. The jury's still out if that helps - so far I have received multiple notifications and have not had another reboot.

• Mine does not have anything to do with third party watch faces. I have a Garmin face installed. Mine seems to restart after I have 3 notifications or if I have two right in a row. It even restarted during a run. I am not sure how to downgrade and make it stick. I downgraded turned off the auto update and it still updated overnight.